Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

St. Petersburg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stirlitz17

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: St. Petersburg Reply with quote

To cut a long story short, I'm currently mulling over moving to St Petersburg and I'd like to what the scene is like up there, where to and where not to apply etc.... Any info would be really appreciated.
Deats

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't apply to Gorchaokov School in Pavlovsk (a suburb of Saint Petersburg)

Orange language school were very professional when I dealt with them. EF seemed ok. Depending on your qualifications there are some excellent schools if you possess a teaching certificate (NOT EFL certificate)
JoeKing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: St. Petersburg Reply with quote

Stirlitz17 wrote:
To cut a long story short, I'm currently mulling over moving to St Petersburg and I'd like to what the scene is like up there, where to and where not to apply etc.... Any info would be really appreciated.
Mick Jagger stuck around St. Petersburg for a bit, but then he saw it was a time for a change....not sure what happened next..... Cool
Brunouno

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay away from Reward, too. They've recently opened up a centre there. There's a thread in this forum which explains why they're one to steer clear from.
Stirlitz17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brunouno wrote:
Stay away from Reward, too. They've recently opened up a centre there. There's a thread in this forum which explains why they're one to steer clear from.

Yeah, I've heard about their school in Volgograd, they don't sound very nice to deal with.
Naponroy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stirlitz17 wrote:
Brunouno wrote:

Yeah, I've heard about their school in Volgograd, they don't sound very nice to deal with.

All bad, Anna Markovna even treats her husband like a slave, you will be dirt expected ti work 50 hours a week, 7 days, and poorly paid and you get nothing but a snarl. Avoid that school like the plague, they offer half the normal rate at best.

I can write some other comments on god and bad ones to work at.
maw

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Language Link Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me about language link in St Petersburg...any personal experiences good or bad??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: