Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Links English Ireland too good to be true?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ISSAKAB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Links English Ireland too good to be true? Reply with quote

Details:
Links English is a language summer camp that aims to disrupt the traditional language school business model. We aim to directly engage English foreign language teachers as partners and collaborators, not employees. This means that earning potential is maximised and personal input rewarded.
If you are teaching English language students and wish to offer them a summer learning experience in Ireland, we will provide you with the infrastructure, facilities and a safe environment. You teach other collaborators' students in the mornings while Links English then provides activities and excursions in the afternoons and evenings.
For more detailed information, please contact us.

Salary:
Based on a group of 10 students:
* minimum 1000 Euros per week
* commission of 10% on any additional students
* outstanding facilities and resources
* well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support

I suspect a scam. Anyone had experience of this company and want to tell me otherwise? Was tempted to apply...
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We aim to directly engage English foreign language teachers as partners and collaborators, not employees. This means that earning potential is maximised and personal input rewarded.
If you are teaching English language students and wish to offer them a summer learning experience in Ireland, we will provide you with the infrastructure, facilities and a safe environment.

Dude, they've got a run-down accommodation and they are asking you to bring your students, whom they will undoubtedly charge normal or above rates, and then they'll give you 1,000 euro weekly for the use of their run-down accommodation.

I know that language teachers are stereotypically bad at math (I'm no exception) but this math looks quite dodgy. If they charge students 500 euro weekly (pretty reasonable) and you bring 10, that's....and they are giving you.....

Somebody's winning - but it's not the 'collaborators'
mrpianoman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me for asking but where is anyone going to get 10 of their own students from let alone one! I've been on a tutor website in Italy and no one has contacted me or even LOOKED at my profile in a whole month. I doubt anyone could get 10 students to pay 500euro each. It doesn't work that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: