Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CELTA... difficult??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both sides are right here, but for different reasons.

The Celta is easy, for the reasons the OP states. Yet, so many trainees have problems - precisely because they can not or will not do what currentaffairs outlines.

Still, it is quite an achievement to actually fail the whole course, and sadly many do...
снеговик

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished TP #6

Maybe I'm in a better position than most as I recently finished a Biology degree. Really, it's just more of the same old "school-game"—do what they want, say what they want, and it's all ok. The CELTA is like digging a ditch; it doesn't require thought, you just have to push buttons and pull levers.

Why in the world would someone try to use bloom's taxonomy, god. Did he not realize he's being evaluated. You can do whatever you want when you start working, but the course is the time to do what the tutors want you to do.

It's standardized—do what the standards tell you to do!! Smile

SideNote: Review grammar before the course (don't read books, but watch lots of videos on youtube). I see other people on the course struggling with some of the basic ideas, and if i hadn't gone through a year of Russian grammar and then a month of watching english grammar videos on youtube, things would be a little more difficult—although receptive skills lessons practically run themselves.

SideNote2: The course is very useful actually. But the input sessions are twice the length they need to be and are filled with mindless exercises like "hey, why don't you think about "x" for 5 minutes, then we'll tell you about it". OMG, just tell me and don't waste our time. But like I said, the course is cool overall.

Anyway, use logic; be efficient; don't work too hard in the beginning when they aren't marking you for all the points—common sense really Smile
снеговик

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And.... #7 is done, and I've passed... I have no idea what people are talking about; it's not hard at all... 'tis the truth, yo Smile

but my god, inputs are mindless wastes of time though, puke
nnest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason why CELTA is difficult is, IMO, its intensity. If the same course with exact same content took 8 weeks instead of 4, most people who consider CELTA to be difficult would, I think, claim otherwise.
снеговик

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm done now.

TP 8 was last week; it's all over.

I'm working at the school now for the summer.
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: