Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITTO Tefl course in Prague?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruaridh321

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: ITTO Tefl course in Prague? Reply with quote

http://www.teflcertificatecourses.com/prague/tefljobs.php

That is the link above ^

Does anyone know anything about this organisation and if it's legit or not?

The only thing that seemed suspicious to me is that it guarantees a job placement if you get a high enough pass in the course.
Xie Lin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITTO is a well-established organization. Their main program is in Guadalajara, Mexico, and is widely accepted. It meets all the standard TEFL course requirements, and, as I recall, well exceeds the usual CELTA supervised teaching practice of 6 hours. Outside of Mexico, they seem to be re-sellers of local courses. In this case they are selling the Edua "TEFL in Prague" course. This is a perfectly legitimate course, but you might as well just deal directly with the course provider.

http://www.teflinprague.com/?gclid=CJ6OmIH1uMcCFUUUHwods6IGPQ
Ruaridh321

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xie Lin wrote:
ITTO is a well-established organization. Their main program is in Guadalajara, Mexico, and is widely accepted. It meets all the standard TEFL course requirements, and, as I recall, well exceeds the usual CELTA supervised teaching practice of 6 hours. Outside of Mexico, they seem to be re-sellers of local courses. In this case they are selling the Edua "TEFL in Prague" course. This is a perfectly legitimate course, but you might as well just deal directly with the course provider.

http://www.teflinprague.com/?gclid=CJ6OmIH1uMcCFUUUHwods6IGPQ

Aah, thank you for the info! I've had a look on the course provider's website and will save it for future reference in case I decide to do it.

Just a quick question..... Almost everything I've read online regarding TEFL has said that 'guaranteed job' TEFL courses shouldn't be trusted... It looks like this course only guarantees a job to the 25% of students who get the highest possible pass, so I guess it's not REALLY a guaranteed job for everyone.

Is this a normal/legit procedure for a TEFL course or am I correct in finding it a bit odd?

[/i]
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 'real' job placement is with training centers that run their own schools (or are closely affiliated with schools) which hire their own top trainees. This will also be somewhat dependent upon need in the time period. So this one could be relatively 'legit,' though it does give them an incentive to lower the TEFL course pass grades of some trainees in case they don't have sufficient openings to hire them all in any given time period.
Ruaridh321

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
The only 'real' job placement is with training centers that run their own schools (or are closely affiliated with schools) which hire their own top trainees. This will also be somewhat dependent upon need in the time period. So this one could be relatively 'legit,' though it does give them an incentive to lower the TEFL course pass grades of some trainees in case they don't have sufficient openings to hire them all in any given time period.

Ah, that makes sense!

Thanks a lot for your help Spiral (You've also helped me a lot on the Poland forum). I have a similar question that I asked in the other board... This TEFL Prague course and a couple others I've looked at (TEFL Worldwide Prague to name one) seem to paint quite a rosy picture of finding work after the course.

Again, as I have missed the boat on going in September, do you happen to know much of successes people have had in finding work in Prague (or Czech Republic in general) in January?

I guess the 'guaranteed job' gamble would maybe be a good idea as a back-up just in case I did get high enough marks and wasn't able to secure work otherwise.
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

January in Prague does offer some opportunities, but as noted elsewhere, it's a smaller and tighter job market then. You might want to send your CV out in early December, even if you haven't finished your TEFL course yet (put expected completion date on it), just so that schools have a clue that you are out there in the city (they won't be interested at all if you're not even in the country).

Wherever on the continent, you should probably expect to have to scramble in January and to take whatever you can find; then you'll be well-placed to be a bit choosier next September, when the school/s know you and you them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: