Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is TEFL a viable career anymore?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC Parrot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT, Ed Tech, CALL, whatever ... you keep banging on about something or other that you're studying ..
Infinite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Extravagantly Inaccurate Reply with quote

Master Shake wrote:
a decent meal costs 100+ zloty.

Now we'd have to get into the definition of decent. Also, what would you consider fancy. I had a breakfast no too long ago at the Zamoyski's palace in Warsaw... classical music, 18th century furniture and paintings, a beautiful garden with speakers built into the ground and overall grand atmosphere of wealth and etc etc etc... if you're into this sort of thing, I'd strongly recommend it. The price of breakfast however, didn't go over 30pln.

So... when the said individual starts blabbing about prices and how amazingly exquisite his meals were... I'd call bs.... I've been to pretty much every major city in Poland... there's just no reason to spend 500pln on a meal or 16pln on a beer when I'm yet to see a place where that would be "the norm". I spent 100pln on Guiness once... during St. Patty's day, wifey and I binged at a fancy shmancy place and had 6 pints... with a tip... I'm no cheapskate either when it comes to tipping... so yea... bs.
Infinite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me go even further. I've had a wild boar and elk, deer and other game food... for far less than the said individual has quoted a silly meal at some "unnamed" restaurant... so yea, calling it as I see it. BS
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

LOL. You take your wife to where you want to go and I'll take my wife to the places we want to go. We'll never meet.

Keep eating those grapes. The thing is you talk like 500's a lot. Try 700 Euro on a dinner for 2 in Berlin.

Or 1,500 quid on a night out in Bahrain.

You'll always have 30 z breakfasts and will never know what you are missing.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinite wrote:
Let me go even further. I've had a wild boar and elk, deer and other game food... for far less than the said individual has quoted a silly meal at some "unnamed" restaurant... so yea, calling it as I see it. BS

I mentioned it elsewhere, but you can eat Michelin-starred food in Warsaw for 320zl per person for the 8 course tasting menu. Or you can go to Nolita (which should get a star sooner rather than later) and eat a 9 course menu for 285zl per person.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: