Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Information on Language Training Center-Astana, Kazakhstan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mishmish5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: Information on Language Training Center-Astana, Kazakhstan? Reply with quote

Hello! Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Language Training Center in Astana, Kazakhstan? I've seen a job posting from them and was interested in applying, but can't find anything online about them. Are they a reputable company, do they treat their teachers well, etc? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks! Smile

Link to job posting:
http://joblistings.myteachinghouse.com/jobs/13382
1Sapphire1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you end up applying? It seems to me that the pay is higher than Moscow. The cost of living has to be better. You probably could save a bit since housing is provided. However, it is my understanding that it will be a long cold winter.
mishmish5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I did end up applying. They asked me for a Skype interview right away and it was so strange. I got interviewed by an intern and all she did was ask me one grammar related question, which I didn't know the answer to. And then I got a job offer email 5 minutes later. Seeing as they obviously just take anyone as a teacher, I chose not to take it because I'm looking to make this my career and wanted a school where I could develop as a teacher. I contacted a few of the teachers there once I got the job offer, and they said it was ok, but they make you work on weekends and don't pay you for it. They also don't really keep to the contract. So for those reasons I didn't take it.

To me it seemed like a place you'd go to if you just wanted some easy money for travel, but not if you're serious about teaching. I mean, giving me the job based off one grammar question that I didn't even answer correctly! But it would certainly be an adventure if you're into mountains and very cold weather! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: