Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Experience with RAS AL Khaimah Academy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberJane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Any Experience with RAS AL Khaimah Academy? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Long time reader of Daves forum here. Does anyone have any experience with RAS AL Khaimah Academy? They've recently offered me a job and I'd like to get the low down on them if I can.

Thanks.
peripatetic_soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Any Experience with Ras al Khaimah Academy Reply with quote

Dear Jane,
If you google "Ras al Khaimah Academy and reviews," several links will pop up. Here are two links, for example:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/abu-dhabi-other-uae-expat-forum-expats-living-uae/112643-rak-academy.html

indeed.co.uk/cmp/Rak-Academy/reviews?fcountry=ALL

PS
CyberJane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Any Experience with Ras al Khaimah Academy Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. Turns out it was a huge Nigerian scam. Not the school, but the recruiter who contacted me. Glad I investigated it first.

peripatetic_soul wrote:
Dear Jane,
If you google "Ras al Khaimah Academy and reviews," several links will pop up. Here are two links, for example:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/abu-dhabi-other-uae-expat-forum-expats-living-uae/112643-rak-academy.html

indeed.co.uk/cmp/Rak-Academy/reviews?fcountry=ALL

PS
peripatetic_soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Any Experience with Ras al Khaimah Academy Reply with quote

Dear Jane,
Would you care to share the recruiter's name and other info? This will help others to avoid being duped. I'm glad you nipped that in the bud!

Regards,
PS
CyberJane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Experience with Ras al Khaimah Academy Reply with quote

Well, someone emailed me saying they were from the school and saw my CV on a job website (which it was). The guy said they're looking for English teachers and if I'm interested send him an updated CV, which I did.

Then over the next few days, sent me an email saying they'd like to hire me for the job and sent me a contract which they asked me to sign, scan and sent back to him. Several red flags led to me checking things out a bit further.

In the end I found that it was a giant phishing attempt by these criminals who copied the real school's website and set up a website with false email accounts in order to ensnare unsuspecting teachers.

Long story short, I alerted the school who then said they contacted law enforcement, etc. etc.

peripatetic_soul wrote:
Dear Jane,
Would you care to share the recruiter's name and other info? This will help others to avoid being duped. I'm glad you nipped that in the bud!

Regards,
PS
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Experience with Ras al Khaimah Academy Reply with quote

CyberJane wrote:
Well, someone emailed me saying they were from the school and saw my CV on a job website (which it was).

This is why job seekers shouldn't post their CVs on public job sites.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is why there is a 6 page sticky thread at the top of the UAE page about the continuous scams - going back nearly 10 years.

I agree with NS. I would never post my CV online.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: