Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pay in Kuwait

View previous topic :: View next topic  
canuckintheksa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Pay in Kuwait Reply with quote

What is considered a reasonable salary for an ESL Teacher with a BA, CELTA and six years experience? I've been offered a total package of bit under 900 KWD should I take it?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is just under $3000 USD. What's included in that 900 KWD?
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuwait is very expensive....on that salary you might be lucky to save half that salary every month....if you are given free accomodation too! If not forget it there are better offers in Q Wait. Shocked Shocked
neftoprestupnik

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that your salary or total package? A good job in Kuwait is considered to be 1000 salary plus 500-700 in allowances. That's the only way you can really save here, because it's much more expensive than living in KSA (was there 2 years ago).

Kuwait is expensive and there isn't that much to do. Not much different than Saudi, in my opinion. My advice is to hang around and look for offers in KSA that pay better if you want to save money, OR, if you want an active social life, look in Abu Dhabi, Qatar or Muscat.
ThoughtRocket

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about the same qualifications and experience. I make 1025 KWD/mo. That includes housing allowance and transportation allowance. It is very expensive here. rent, depending where you live, can be 300 - 350 for a 1 Br in the cheaper parts of the country. Rental car 85/month.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES agreed Q Wait is very expensive these days....and with EFL salaries on decline everywhere in the GULF it is becoming a real hardship for many teachers to save money these days!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
mashkif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Pay in Kuwait Reply with quote

canuckintheksa wrote:
What is considered a reasonable salary for an ESL Teacher with a BA, CELTA and six years experience? I've been offered a total package of bit under 900 KWD should I take it?

As others have said, it depends on what's included in the 900 K.D. If it's that plus accommodations, then it's fair given your qualifications. If accommodations are not included, then it's a pretty poor deal and you should walk away.

Kuwait is not as expensive as some make it out to be. It's a lot cheaper than the States and, of course, it all depends on your tastes and proclivities.
nellyp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was offered 800 including shared accomodationor...800 plus 100 accomodation allowance and 30 for petroil.

I stopped communicating with them
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nellyp wrote:
I was offered 800 including shared accomodationor...800 plus 100 accomodation allowance and 30 for petroil.

I stopped communicating with them

Scandalous! I was getting 700 in the year 2000 and a large apartment to myself. You should have continued communicating and told them to stick their offer where the sun doesn´t shine. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: