Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Move to Montevideo, Uruguay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjkirkley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Move to Montevideo, Uruguay Reply with quote

My wife and I will be moving to Montevideo, Uruguay sometime after May, 2016. She is a Uruguayan citizen and is ready to return home after living in the US for 15 years. We are in our mid-fifties and theoretically we will be retired. However I plan to work for some extra income and to get out into the community. In anticipation of this, I am completing a TESOL certification at NC State University and have been a volunteering locally as an ESL teacher. Additionally throughout the 1990’s I taught high school science (chemistry and physics) and am in the process of re-instating an expired NC teaching license.

I would appreciate any insight you may have about job opportunities or any suggestions you feel may be helpful.

Thanks
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you'll be renewing your teaching license, do an Internet search on international schools montevideo uruguay for a list of potential opportunities.
LeSylphe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the salaries as bad as in Brazil in Uruguay?
MotherF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And of course use your wife's family as a network--this is the way of the world in Latin America. Even if they don't know a school director or something like that, they at least know the names of the schools that have foriegn teachers.
rjkirkley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your posts.

I will be checking out the international schools. There is an American and at least one British. We have started letting friends and family know of our plans and will see if they can give me any leads.
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck.. Would like to hear updates on what Montevideo is like, salary, working conditions, and so on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: