Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding jobs in Spain in January?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D�chas11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Finding jobs in Spain in January? Reply with quote

I'm a Canadian with an Irish passport. I've taught ESL for about 4 years now, and I have a CELTA. I speak Spanish, but it's Latin Spanish...

I have a few questions!

1. How is the job market in Spain in January?
2. Is it possible to find work with adult learners, or is it mostly young learners? I'm all right with kids, but I prefer adults.
3. I've been thinking about Barcelona, Valencia, or Granada. Are there many jobs available in those cities?
bdbarnett1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding jobs in Spain in January? Reply with quote

D�chas11 wrote:
I'm a Canadian with an Irish passport. I've taught ESL for about 4 years now, and I have a CELTA. I speak Spanish, but it's Latin Spanish...

I have a few questions!

2. Is it possible to find work with adult learners, or is it mostly young learners? I'm all right with kids, but I prefer adults.
3. I've been thinking about Barcelona, Valencia, or Granada. Are there many jobs available in those cities?

A few years back, I spoke with a school looking for someone in January - not sure if that's their normal cycle. In Galicia (so not close to where you were looking at). Name The English School in Lugo.
DosEquisX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Finding jobs in Spain in January? Reply with quote

D�chas11 wrote:

I have a few questions!

Meh. Basically gonna get stuck with some leftover classes nobody ever wants. Perhaps you luck out and somebody leaves a solid job for some personal reason and you're in the right place at the right time.

Quote:

So do most teachers which is why those tend to go to people with local connections and experience. Put in your time and you'll get what you want eventually.

Quote:

Yes. It's a matter of timing more than location though.

Search a bit around June as the occasional academy may want to hire before summer break. However, most employers start hiring around late-August as that's when schools are looking for new teachers for the upcoming school year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: