Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DF get together?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: DF get together? Reply with quote

I am going to be in DF again next month (Feb), from the 12th (early) till the 17th if anyone would like to meet for lunch (or Pope hunting, haha). I'm thinking the Konditori on Genova in the Zona Rosa, or the Penulo on Londres. And if anyone has any of those Abuelita mugs, or finds any, I would LOVE to buy them from you. Will bring a wonderful gift from Zacatecas.
MotherF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be in Mexico City on the 19th-21st If you can hold out a bit. It's the British Council's BBELT event and I'm on the docket. (And hopefully won't be hung by a jury of my peers!)
Phil_K

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Konditori on Genova in the Zona Rosa

This no longer exists. I can't remember what's in its place.
Rose Cohen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil_K wrote:
Quote:
Konditori on Genova in the Zona Rosa

This no longer exists. I can't remember what's in its place.

Sad but true. I don't think it closed that long ago but don't know exactly when it happened. Sad
Rose Cohen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: DF get together? Reply with quote

BadBeagleBad wrote:
I am going to be in DF again next month (Feb), from the 12th (early) till the 17th if anyone would like to meet for lunch (or Pope hunting, haha). I'm thinking the Konditori on Genova in the Zona Rosa, or the Penulo on Londres. And if anyone has any of those Abuelita mugs, or finds any, I would LOVE to buy them from you. Will bring a wonderful gift from Zacatecas.

I should be around during the time of your visit and would love to get together. El Péndulo is on Hamburgo, by the way. Don't know what abuelita mugs are - please explain.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, sorry, will miss you by a week. I'll be in DF until Feb. 4th or so then back home. My father is coming to visit in Guadalajara the week your in DF.

By the way, we won't be able to call it DF much longer...it loses that designation when it becomes a state later this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
Ooh, sorry, will miss you by a week. I'll be in DF until Feb. 4th or so then back home. My father is coming to visit in Guadalajara the week your in DF.

By the way, we won't be able to call it DF much longer...it loses that designation when it becomes a state later this year.

Drat! Yeah, I already bought the plane tickets, so can't change them, plus, since I am going to see the Pope, that would make for a long visit, haha. Maybe catch you in Guadalajara later this year.

Yeah, I knew that El Pendulo was on Hamburgo, haha, I just switch to auto pilot in that area since I know it so well. So sad to hear the Konditori is gone. When I worked at Interlengua on Genova I spent many, many afternoons at the outdoor cafe sipping cappucino. Sad to see that it is gone.

Abuelita mugs are promotional mugs that Abuelita chocolate puts out every year, they come in a box with a package of chocolate and the free mug, often very pretty mugs. We didn't get them here this year, nor they they come to the "big city" in my area, at least not when I was there before Christmas.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:

haha, that is one habit I will probably never be able to break.
notamiss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m interested – I would love to meet in the quietest place we could find. Sadly (for you) I don’t have any extra abuelita mugs.
We found some near the end of December in the Tienda UNAM supermarket long after the regular supermarkets had stopped carrying them – I’ll see if I can get someone in my family to check if there are still any left there.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notamiss wrote:
I’m interested – I would love to meet in the quietest place we could find. Sadly (for you) I don’t have any extra abuelita mugs.
We found some near the end of December in the Tienda UNAM supermarket long after the regular supermarkets had stopped carrying them – I’ll see if I can get someone in my family to check if there are still any left there.

Thanks, that would be awesome. I realize the chances are slim, but you never know, I found ONE last year in an OXXO and at the same OXXO I found two bottles of Noche Buena, and this was in March or April.

I am thinking el Pendulo, it is pretty quiet. I was also thinking about going to Taxco either with a tour on on the Turibus, depending on how things are looking in Guerrero at the time, if anyone is game for that.
Rose Cohen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BadBeagleBad"]
notamiss wrote:

I am thinking el Pendulo, it is pretty quiet. I was also thinking about going to Taxco either with a tour on on the Turibus, depending on how things are looking in Guerrero at the time, if anyone is game for that.

El Péndulo is nice. One of the very few "civilized" places left in the Zona Rosa. I'd be up for a trip to Taxco. I wonder if there has been any narco-violence in that area.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rose Cohen"]
BadBeagleBad wrote:
notamiss wrote:

El Péndulo is nice. One of the very few "civilized" places left in the Zona Rosa. I'd be up for a trip to Taxco. I wonder if there has been any narco-violence in that area.

It is just on the border of Guerrero and the tours are running daily. I am not a huge fan of tours, but I do think in this case it might be a better alternative, and the Turibus is not too bad in terms of price.
Rose Cohen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BadBeagleBad"]
Rose Cohen wrote:
BadBeagleBad wrote:
notamiss wrote:

It is just on the border of Guerrero and the tours are running daily. I am not a huge fan of tours, but I do think in this case it might be a better alternative, and the Turibus is not too bad in terms of price.

Sounds good. I have to go to Philadelphia in a couple of weeks to take of some family matters. Not looking forward to traveling north this time of year (brrr!). After over 8 years in Mexico, the idea of a real winter does not appeal. Anyway, I should be back by the time of your arrival in Mexico City. It would be lovely to see both of you again.
MotherF

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyone going to be at BBELT on Friday?

I'll be there and you can meet me at 10:25 in room Don Diego 2!

https://www.britishcouncil.org.mx/sites/default/files/bbelt2016_overview-color_feb11.pdf
notamiss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about meeting you outside of the BBELT? Evening? Lunch break? Is there any possibility? I have an extra copy of a novel to give you (The Franchise Affair).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: