Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Turkey?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coffeespoonman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kona,

To be honest, I'd rather stay here in China than go to the Gulf. My life is quite comfortable here, I am very happy professionally, and I am quite content with my standard of living. The biggest reason to move back to Turkey would be family-related. And maybe raki balik. Smile

The Gulf would probably be doable for me if I were alone, but I think one of the reasons my missus is keen to live abroad is to escape some of the expectations and limitations of life in that part of the world. If narrow-mindedness and conservative people bother her in Turkey (where it's easy to avoid), I can't imagine how she would find the Gulf...

Thanks for the idea though!

CSM
kona

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coffeespoonman wrote:
Hi Kona,

To be honest, I'd rather stay here in China than go to the Gulf. My life is quite comfortable here, I am very happy professionally, and I am quite content with my standard of living. The biggest reason to move back to Turkey would be family-related. And maybe raki balik. Smile

The Gulf would probably be doable for me if I were alone, but I think one of the reasons my missus is keen to live abroad is to escape some of the expectations and limitations of life in that part of the world. If narrow-mindedness and conservative people bother her in Turkey (where it's easy to avoid), I can't imagine how she would find the Gulf...

Thanks for the idea though!

CSM

No problem! Hope everything works out!
AmericanAmina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Back to Turkey Reply with quote

Nebbich wrote:
Honest answer:

If I were you, I'd forget here for the nonce unless you want to go to Kayseri to build up the bank a/c. Why not try for ODTU/METU in North Cyprus? Easy access to Turkey for your other half and to the EU on the other side. Good money, fine staff housing and not so many of the problems of Turkeyland.

Good Luck!

I would like to hear more about working in North Cyprus. I have a friend who saved up and then went and lived there for a year, and she really enjoyed the slow pace of life and pleasant climate. However, since she wasn't working there, she couldn't tell me a thing about jobs. I've read that without any connections, a non-Cypriot is unlikely to get a job there. True/untrue? That's sort of a daydream location for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: