Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ref Learnship and Berlitz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hod

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes.

My point is that if someone wants to head to Germany for a few months, they'll probably get by without health insurance or tax. I assume the OP is an adult who accepts the risks of getting caught. Saying that, cont(r)acts take time so the few months there won't amount to much financially.
kpjf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curiously...

"On 24 December 2014 the highest Dutch administrative court decided that Japanese nationals are allowed to work in the Netherlands without the need for a work permit."

http://www.everaert.nl/en/news/43-nieuws-werkgevers-en/392-no-work-permit-in-the-netherlands-for-japanese-nationals
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not Japanese;-)

That's interesting; I wonder why?
Also curious how many thousands of Japanese are now flocking to the Netherlands...

Quote:
My point is that if someone wants to head to Germany for a few months, they'll probably get by without health insurance or tax. I assume the OP is an adult who accepts the risks of getting caught.

No argument from me on that.
Mingvase

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: ref Reply with quote

Well I have a skype interview soon with Learnship. They will want to know about real world business experience I've had apparently. I don't know what to say to this as most of the time I've been teaching. I've worked at a few companies so I will tell them this. Oh and I ran my own limited company for 5 years so I have experience of accounting and company returns. I am hoping to get an offer of employment from them.
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so you're not going to
China
Korea
Hong Kong
Italy
Libya
or
Saudi - all countries you've been inquiring into this week?

Rolling Eyes
Mingvase

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: ref Reply with quote

Not at the moment I'm not because I don't have any offers from anyone yet. But if I get an offer which is worthwhile, I will probably take it.
kpjf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
I am not Japanese;-)

You really had me fooled up until this point!

Quote:
That's interesting; I wonder why?

"The court based its ruling on the 1913 Treaty of Commerce and Navigation between the Netherlands and Japan. The treaty gives Japanese nationals the same status as foreign nationals of the “most-favored nation.” The court compared this treaty to a similar treaty between Switzerland and the Netherlands, which allows Swiss nationals to work in the Netherlands without work permits. The court found that the “most-favored nation” clause puts Japanese nationals on the same footing as Swiss nationals, who have been exempt from work permits in the Netherlands since November 2001."

Quote:
Also curious how many thousands of Japanese are now flocking to the Netherlands...

Depends which newspaper you read! If it were UK the Daily Mail they would jump on this. Swarms of Jostling, Joyful and Jubilant, but JOBLESS Japanese to reach our lands in the next 48 hours! But, in all honesty, there probably aren't many jobs available for Japanese nationals in The Netherlands apart from qualified sushi chefs or something like that I'd imagine.
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not at the moment I'm not because I don't have any offers from anyone yet. But if I get an offer which is worthwhile, I will probably take it.

One of those US teaching qualifications you were asking about last week would probably be helpful Rolling Eyes Wink
Hod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye, or just get one of those exceptional visas or just get married.

Quote:
There is no automatic right to work for spouses of EU citizens outside of the citizen's home country.

Really? I was a Brit (still am) living in Germany. My non-EU wife's visa took about two hours, and she could work in Germany right away. I still can't believe how easy it was.
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Hod:
Cool for you. That was not the case in the Netherlands in my personal relevant period of 2001-2010. Look it up if you care to.
I have no idea what your beef with me might be. If you care to enlighten me either publically or via pm, I will give your issue/s whatever consideration they deserve.
Best, spiral
Hod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My beef with you is that you're so dismissive of anyone who wants to work in Europe.

You got lucky. Good for you. Others I know from the US, Canada and even Australia in one case got visas to live and work in Germany without undue stress or PhDs. I'm not saying it was easy or they ended up rich, but it's far from impossible. Many people use determination to reach a target. Others just get married.

Why should we be interested in what the Netherlands did or does? This is the Germany forum, not your autobiography.

This is a discussion forum. This section is about Germany and for teachers wanting to live and work there. If they're from outside the EU, under-qualified or whatever, they're entitled to post here without dismissive comments, e.g. stay on the dole in the UK. Look back, that's a nasty spiteful comment which helps no one, and if you have any decency, apologise.

Anyone who wants to work in Germany should feel free to post any questions here. I'll try and answer them with civility even if no one else does.
grahamb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Class dismiss! Reply with quote

Considering Hod's remarks on other threads about boring colleagues, cheese sandwiches and humourless Germans, his moral indignation at Spiral's comment is rather ironic.
Hod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have stayed happily married, though.
Mingvase

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: ref Reply with quote

Hod do you find that work drops off during certain periods, eg the summer holidays? Do you get less hours offered to you? How do you get by during those periods? I mean you still have to pay the rent or mortgage don't you? Freelancing must be quite difficult at times I'm thinking.
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why should we be interested in what the Netherlands did or does? This is the Germany forum, not your autobiography.

Um, Hod, you are the one who (repeatedly) brought up my personal status. I asked on the first page why it mattered here. I still don't think it does matter.

I'm also still happily married to my original spouse, in case you're implying that I'm not.

Further, I'm quite helpful to people whose expectations are realistic. Ironically, in fact, the OP on this thread can attest to that, as I spent a considerable amount of time and energy responding to his earlier requests for specific information regarding Prague, right down to the flat he should choose (all of which turned out to be bogus requests).

In this case, the OP has a history to consider. In other respects, the prospects for on-EU member citizens are limited and I am one of many posters who points that out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: