Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foreign teachers of English

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acajoub

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Foreign teachers of English Reply with quote

Hello, I am French,but completely fluent in English.I will complete my TESOL course in a month and I am trying to find out how easy/difficult job search will be, given that I would like to teach in Egypt or in the middle east.
Have you experienced people met many foreign teachers of English? did they have great difficulties finding positions?
Is it actually possible to take language classes besides teaching hours?
Thank you for your help!
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acajoub,

I never encountered any nns teaching English in Egypt (other than Egyptians, of course), but since I was in a university rather than language schools, I could have just missed them.

How about teaching French? It is a popular language in Egypt too. I presume you were asking about Arabic lessons and they are certainly readily available, but something like that would have to be negotiated with an employer if you are expecting them to be included as part of your 'salary.' Everything is negotiable in Egypt. Smile

I suspect that you will have to go there to see what you can find in places like Egypt and the Levant. The Gulf is probably not an option without an MA.

VS
chsalad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well-- I am teaching in Alexandria, Egypt right now, and one of the other teachers where I work is originally from German. So-- she speaks English fluently, but with a German accent. She's been working here for years!

Although I am slightly overwhelmed right now, once I'm settled into a routine, I plan to take Arabic lessons-- many foreign teachers do.
acajoub

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Foreign teachers of English Reply with quote

Thank you Chsalad, I know it will not be easy for me, but it does make me feel better to know that it IS possible!
Thanks for your reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: