Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King's International English Ruian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qp1982

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: King's International English Ruian Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge of this company or even the town of Ruian?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks
spiral78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Czech Republic to China in such a short time? Very, uh, eclectic interests. To put it kindly.

Please note that genuine posters usually zero in on an area/region. If you are seeking genuine 'help,' rather than just pointless conversation, best to narrow your interests to some feasible geographical region.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/search.php?search_author=Qp1982
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bite:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rui%27an

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
Yes, and today you're supposedly interested in China.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?p=1238310#1238310

I think you're actually just interested in further pointless conversation with anyone who will bother with you.

spiral78 wrote:
From the Czech Republic to China in such a short time? Very, uh, eclectic interests. To put it kindly.

Please note that genuine posters usually zero in on an area/region. If you are seeking genuine 'help,' rather than just pointless conversation, best to narrow your interests to some feasible geographical region.

It's possible to be interested in two different parts of the world at one time, and this guy's only made two short posts expressing some interest in them. I don't know when you were appointed forum sheriff, but this place needs all the new membership it can get, and your responses aren't exactly helpful. You've made some good posts over the years, but these ones don't qualify.
spiral78

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. You may not be aware that there's a particularly persistent troll who's been all over the boards over the past months. He's been banned about seven times already. His MO is to engage people in drawn-out detailed conversation about details of pay, contract conditions, and even down to specific neighborhoods/flats via both the open forum and pms.

He got 'made' some months back for engaging two people in detailed discussion of logistics for two different countries at the same time.

You're of course welcome to take a chance on totally wasting your time with someone who is not genuine, and maybe this guy is for real, though his posts are carbon copies of those made by the troll.

However, I think it's fair to warn people. It's unfair of anyone to pose as being interested in a job/city and thereby waste considerable time and energy of others. The mods clearly agree as they've banned this guy in all earlier incarnations already.

Dave's has always had sufficient genuine posters to not need a troll to keep things moving.
Qp1982

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the concern about trolling but basically I have very little teaching experience and have found it very difficult to come by jobs I want in Europe. My preference is to teach adults/teens in Europe however I only started applying over the past few months (i.e the middle of term for most language schools) so I have to broaden my horizons as I need the experience and, of course, the money. I've now had to start applying for jobs all over the world which isn't exactly what I want but I'm pretty flexible, well travelled and need to get on the ladder somehow.

I asked about this school in China as they appear to offer a good wage, plenty of support (which I'll need) but you can't tell if it's a good school until you get there which is why any knowledge of the town and the school would be really appreciated to help inform my decision.
Hope that clears up any concerns anyone may have about the sincerity of my posts.
Shakey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:

This guy is Qp1982 and your troll used the handle vallillo1983 back in 2005. He's been at this for more than 10 years now. I suspect he uses a few other handles, also. They pop up on the Japan forum once in a while asking the same questions about pension, health insurance, salary and reviews of schools.

Sometimes he would say that he was married to a Taiwanese woman, but then other times he would say that he was gay and looking for a gay friendly TEFL destination. Sometimes he said he had a CELTA, DELTA and B.A. in linguistics and a teaching certificate. Other times he would say that he was 22 years old and just fresh out of university. This guy had dozens of different stories.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/search.php?search_author=vallillo1983

What the end game or desired result of all this is not clear, but s/he is very persistent.
Qp1982

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Shakey but I think I've posted a total of two brief questions. Why I should therefore be accused of being a troll I don't know. I have not asked lots of questions or harassed anyone. If I had started doing that then the accusations would have been understandable but I’ve done nothing of the sort. Clearly there isn't any point in engaging any further since there is no way for me to prove myself over an internet forum.

I was going to contribute what I could to the board in order to help others but since my username has been tarnished then there is not much point as other people who could benefit from an exchange of information (which is the point of this forum) may be cynical about anything I can offer.
As a previous poster stated, the forum needs more members yet, sadly, new members are being chased away by a few overzealous people with extremely narrow views on what is and isn't permissible both in terms of posting and how someone should pursue their career.

It's very sad since I know that many people look at these kinds of forums for help in determining whether a school is a good employer, which is such a concern in the unregulated and occasionally exploitative EFL industry.
If I didn't have far more important things to worry about (i.e. finding a job) then I'd lodge a complaint but instead I'll just leave you to bully people and chase ghosts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: