Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scotland´s future
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Scotland´s future Reply with quote

I´m not worried. We´re not daft.

dahttp://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/12/nicola-sturgeon-snp-to-resume-drive-for-scottish-independenceft.
gregory999

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sheikh radlinrol wrote:
I´m not worried. We´re not daft. dahttp://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/12/nicola-sturgeon-snp-to-resume-drive-for-scottish-independenceft.

Your link does not work, it seems it went daft! Laughing
The correct link is:
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/12/nicola-sturgeon-snp-to-resume-drive-for-scottish-independence

Also I am not worried about Scotland to get independence.
I am more worried about scotty to get a heart attack if Scotland does not get independence. Laughing
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregory999 wrote:
sheikh radlinrol wrote:
I´m not worried. We´re not daft. dahttp://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/12/nicola-sturgeon-snp-to-resume-drive-for-scottish-independenceft.

Your link does not work, it seems it went daft! Laughing
The correct link is:
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/12/nicola-sturgeon-snp-to-resume-drive-for-scottish-independence

Also I am not worried about Scotland to get independence.
I am more worried about scotty to get a heart attack if Scotland does not get independence. Laughing

Shukran
grahamb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Scot free Reply with quote

Where will unionist Sheikh move to in the event of Catalan independence?
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Scot free Reply with quote

grahamb wrote:
Where will unionist Sheikh move to in the event of Catalan independence?

In the event of Catalan independence, I might go to Catalunya and play a small part in the construction of a new nation. The Costa Brava and Costa Dorada both appeal to me.
grahamb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Nation-building Reply with quote

Catalan independence good, Scottish independence bad. Must be the sun. Wink
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Nation-building Reply with quote

grahamb wrote:
Catalan independence good, Scottish independence bad. Must be the sun. Wink

Aha! I knew you´d say something like that. One of the reasons I support Catalan independence is the disdain which the Castillian Spanish display towards them. If they hate them so much, let them go. As a Scot, I´ve never felt that the English treated us with the contempt that is showered on the Catalans by the Madrid crowd. BTW I´m only in favour of independence for Catalunya if a large majority demand it.
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotland´s future appears not to interest many of the posters. It concerns me as I am proud to say that it is the land of my birth and that the singular city of Glasgow, with its faults, is my home town. It worries me that a small number of Anglophobes are seeking to impose their views on the Scottish people. We said NO on Sept.18 2014. Let´s leave it alone for a generation (or two). Even Eck Salmond said it was a once in a lifetime choice. Doubt and uncertainty are good for nobody.
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Independent Catalonia and Independent 32-county Ireland but Scotland is different ?

Anglophobia has nothing to do with it. It is a question of digging our own garden.
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
Independent Catalonia and Independent 32-county Ireland but Scotland is different ?

Anglophobia has nothing to do with it. It is a question of digging our own garden.

You´ve lost me. Independent Scotland is fine by me. Catalunya independent? OK. Reunification of Ireland sounds great. BUT only and ONLY if the folks want it. Get my gist? It´s called democracy. Wink
Lack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are going to be a lot more countries in the world's future. Diversity FTW.
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack wrote:
There are going to be a lot more countries in the world's future. Diversity FTW.
You may be right. One of the arguments used aginst the Catalan independence movement is that in the modern world the trend is to eliminate frontiers rather than build them. Well, in my life I´ve seen lots of new countries emerge but can only think of one case of unification- Germany.
Xie Lin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sheikh radlinrol wrote:
Lack wrote:
You may be right. One of the arguments used aginst the Catalan independence movement is that in the modern world the trend is to eliminate frontiers rather than build them. Well, in my life I´ve seen lots of new countries emerge but can only think of one case of unification- Germany.

Vietnam? Well, reunification.
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The construct known as the Yookay is not fit for purpose. You doubt that, let me give you two names -
Savile
Chilcot
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
The construct known as the Yookay is not fit for purpose. You doubt that, let me give you two names -
Savile
Chilcot

WTF are you talking about?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: