Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which toilet should a transgender use?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wangdaning

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steki47 wrote:
wangdaning wrote:
I could identify however I want, and you have no right to stop me.

I am a 7-foot tall Chinese lesbian. Sometimes I am a lizard, depending on my mood.

Well, be proud you can use any potty you feel the right to use.
scot47

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to demand separate toilet facilities for giant lizards ?
steki47

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
Time to demand separate toilet facilities for giant lizards ?

Fight herpetophobia!
MI6agent

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadBeagleBad wrote:
Also, in Europe many bathrooms are unisex, you go into a stall after all so no one can see you. The US is going backwards so fast in terms of civil rights, it is really quite sad and alarming to see. Glad I don't like there, and have no plans on going back.

In America the gender-neutral bathroom revolution is growing.
Bathrooms are one of the most incendiary battlegrounds in the transgender community’s on-going fight for civil rights, as those spaces have previously been for women, African-Americans and the disabled community.
http://time.com/4175774/san-francisco-gender-neutral-bathrooms/

But, there is a risk that you will be beaten if you are a transgender using women's restroom! Laughing

"One high-profile example is the case of Chrissy Lee Polis, a transgender woman who was beaten at a Baltimore McDonald’s after using the women’s restroom. One of her assailants was sentenced in 2011 to five years in prison for first-degree assault and a hate crime. A video of the beating taken by a McDonald’s employee went viral."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMrLXl6VwBU
spiral78

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, which of us hasn't quickly ducked into the 'wrong' washroom once or twice out of dire need?

I am NOT trying to minimize the difficulties faced by transgender people, but honestly, so long as there are stalls, everyone should be allowed to use whatever washroom they want to in all cases!
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder - just which public bathrooms do you think transgender people have been using for lo these many years? Very Happy

And yet - NO (zero, zilch, nada) reports of any problems.

Regards,
John
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My God, what backwards people work at Johns Hopkins."

Good news - he doesn't work there anymore; he's retired and has been for 15 years.

" -- University Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine

-- Former member of the United State Conference of Catholic Bishop's National Review Board

Facts

-- Refers to homosexuality as "erroneous desire"

-- Argues that being medically accommodating to a transgender child is "like performing liposuction on an anorexic child"

-- Filed an amicus brief arguing in favor of Proposition 8 on the basis that homosexuality is a "choice."

--Describes post surgical trans women as "caricatures of women"

-- As part of the USCCB's Review Board, pushed the idea that the Catholic sex abuse scandal was not about pedophilia but about “homosexual predation on American Catholic youth.”

“Transgender people are by definition mentally disordered.”

The organization responsible for defining what is and is not a psychiatric disorder, the American Psychiatric Association, has this to say about the matter (via the DSM-5):

It is important to note that gender nonconformity is not in itself a mental disorder. The critical element of gender dysphoria is the presence of clinically significant distress associated with the condition.

In short, the people who wrote the definition of “psychiatric disorder” categorically reject the statement that a transgender identity is intrinsically disordered."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brynn-tannehill/fighting-back-against-ant_b_5633450.html

Regards,
John
MI6agent

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the XX and YY chromosomes play a role in your sex classification/orientation?
Any wrong combination of X and Y may lead to a person to think he is the opposite sex.
If your Y chromosome is higher than X chromosome then ..... you will behave like a man. So a girl with XXX syndrome might have cognitive problem and language deficit .
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
Honestly, which of us hasn't quickly ducked into the 'wrong' washroom once or twice out of dire need?

I am NOT trying to minimize the difficulties faced by transgender people, but honestly, so long as there are stalls, everyone should be allowed to use whatever washroom they want to in all cases!

Not to mention a couple of times I have gone into the men's room on purpose since there was no one in there and the women's room had a line.....
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sensible sense:

"This bathroom nonsense is nonsense. Stop It.

I like being comfortable. You like being comfortable. All God’s children like being comfortable. Lately, we’re concentrating a lot on that first sentence. Over a million people have signed an American Family Association boycott pledge against Target’s bathroom policy. It’s pretty much everyone’s bathroom policy and always has been, but Target happened to come right out and say it.

They decided to clarify that people can and should use the bathroom that coincides with the gender they identify with. Clarity is causing all of this hysteria, yet actual clarity on this issue continues to elude so many. Let me clarify…

Gender Dysphoria is a real thing. It’s not a punchline, so stop joking around.

This is the formal diagnosis for people (Homo Sapiens just like you) that experience significant distress with the gender they were assigned at birth. Only 0.3% of Americans suffer from this, so it’s understandable that you probably haven’t personally dealt with such a person.

I have.

My God-fearing parents, to whom I owe (almost) everything, allowed me to leave a struggling collegiate effort and tour the country in a band with a famous homosexual female. Can you believe that? I wouldn’t have either, except I only knew my parents as loving, understanding, accepting people.

On the road I earned a full education and then some. Not only did I see 48 of our 50 beautiful states… I met people. Oh, the people I met. Straight people, gay people, young people, old people, and a few transgender people. Two in particular stood out (again, we’re only talking about 0.3% of the total population). Their stories were different (one transitioned from boy to girl, and the other was in the process of girl to boy), but both intrigued me. I asked questions ad nauseam. They answered and I began to understand. This was a real thing and these people weren’t deciding on this path. It was clearly a sad, problematic, and burdensome path they had no choice but to hike.

These discriminatory laws do the opposite of what you want.
In your fear, you’re now demanding that fully transitioned people that have beards, big muscles, tattoos, and male genitalia must go into the restroom with your daughter. At the same time, you want fully transitioned people with high heels, breast, and female genitalia to go into the restroom with your husband. Remember, you’re insisting they have to use the restroom aligned with the gender listed on their birth certificate.

More importantly (since male transgender people look like men), you’re giving a FREE PASS for any man to walk into a women’s restroom. After all, that’s where you insist that transgender men should be going.

People are making a mountain where there’s not even a molehill to begin with.

Why has this been brought up? Was someone spied on or touched by a transgender person in a public bathroom? Not that I can find.

When has this bothered you? Honestly, you know this has been going on since the invention of public restrooms, right? Are you inspecting people in the public bathroom and if so, when have you seen a transgender person that you felt like was about to harm your babies? You haven’t.

There is a serious child sexual abuse problem, and this idiotic boycott and time wasting laws are abetting it.

90% of children who are sexually abused know their abuser. To my knowledge, I’ve know one pedophile. He was a white, heterosexual choir teacher that befriended me and all of my other prepubescent friends. He wore slacks and a collared shirt as he went into the restroom with all of us. This nonsense legislation wouldn’t have protected my friends from him. He raped them. It’s these situations we need to be vigilant about, not an irrational fear about transgender people (who, in reality, pose no threat–at least not according to the evidence).

American Family Association is the least aptly named association I can think of.

I’m a father with a beautiful (in my humble opinion) family. I openly talk to my children about loving and accepting people. We discuss people that are different and try to understand them. It’s the same way I was raised.

It literally makes my head hurt thinking that the American Family Association decides to focus on judging, condemning, and and persecuting people, rather than helping and accepting them. Is this what we want the “American family” to be? This is no family of mine.

Stop. Just stop it.

Politicians are the worst and this debate is proving that point. Mike Huckabee jokes he should’ve “felt like a woman” and taken showers with girls in high school, while publicly defending admitted child molester Josh Duggar. Gross on all counts.

I understand that things that are different are hard to understand can be scary. Heck, I’ll never understand Florida Georgia Line. But guys, we need to focus on things that are important. This is a political, media driven issue that does zero good and all kinds of harm. There are real predators where you go to church, where your kids go to school, and sometimes in a trusted family member’s home. Start looking there and stop peeking over the stall."

Regards,
John
Phil_K

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This bathroom nonsense is nonsense. Stop It.

But they can't, you see. Lefties, liberals and lefty-liberals love to make mountains out of non-existent molehills.
steki47

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil_K wrote:
Quote:
This bathroom nonsense is nonsense. Stop It.

But they can't, you see. Lefties, liberals and lefty-liberals love to make mountains out of non-existent molehills.

That is generally how Liberals think. Haidt covered this well. Libs prioritize fairness and care over all other moral considerations. Conservatives generally have a more balanced morality that includes authority and purity.

http://www.ethicsdefined.org/the-problem-with-morality/conservatives-vs-liberals/

Libs pursue their moral agenda with little to no thought to the consequences of their actions. And typically demonize anyone who disagrees with them.

This trans toilet issue is a perfect example.
Phil_K

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with being a Conservative (I am) is that most liberals automatically assume you are a Christian. I suppose my morals are very much in line with what Christians believe, but without the need for churches, indoctrination and general brainwashing, or any hint of a religion. In other words, for me, good moral thinking is commonsense, which for some reason has to drilled into some people's heads week after week.
spiral78

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, everyone should be able to use the toilet s/he wants to use.

Done.
Phil_K

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
Anyway, everyone should be able to use the toilet s/he wants to use.
Done.

I take it you are one of the liberals that steki47 was talking about then, expect it should have been "fact", not "done".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: