Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ministry of Education, UAE - Security Clearance. What is it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Middle_East_Teacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Ministry of Education, UAE - Security Clearance. What is it? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've recently accepted a job offer with the Ministry of Education in the UAE - Salary is 21k, so I'm sure that you've heard of it - There's recently been a huge recruitment drive.

Anyway, whilst I have accepted an offer and passed the security clearance/pre-government check, I'm concerned about a number of my friends who have failed it. None of them have a criminal record and all have strong experience teaching within the Middle East.

I've seen that there are a few threads regarding this on the ESL Cafe as well as others, but I can't seem to find a reliable answer anywhere as to what the security clearance actually consists of - Is anybody able to answer this question?

The recruiters don't comment on it as they are not presented with a reason as to why one may fail.

Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

Take Care
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See MOE "security check"
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ministry of Education, UAE - Security Clearance. What is Reply with quote

Middle_East_Teacher wrote:
I've seen that there are a few threads regarding this on the ESL Cafe as well as others, but I can't seem to find a reliable answer anywhere as to what the security clearance actually consists of - Is anybody able to answer this question?

There might be a person or two within the UAE government who could answer this question, but they aren't telling anyone... or posting on the net.

This is a question that has been asked since the 1980s and no one has a clue.

VS
(those with extensive ME experience have likely pissed off someone in one of the countries where they worked and it can come back and haunt you - I'm referring to a local authority... not a fellow teacher)
Furrehm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Security check Reply with quote

Hi

Has your security check been approved and your visa for the job?

I'm still waiting for my security check and its been almost a month.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: