Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how much can you make in thailand
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclejoe80

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP it is possible to earn that here but without certification you will either have to get very lucky or work your bollox off. A friend of mine is now earning 110 baht per month in his 2nd year doing tefl but works 2 jobs and rarely has a day off even weekends. Not my cup of tea. On the other hand if you are certified as a teacher from your home country the grass starts getting a lot greener and you should be able to make that kind of money with nice time off too.
jim_brava

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top end salary for a "non-qualified" (i.e. no PGCE, etc.) teacher in Thailand is around 60,000 at an Assumption or BCC type place. Salaries don't vary with subject, but availability does. So, a Physics teacher will land such a role far easier than an English teacher. Knowing they have hit the summit for a non-international school, English teachers will tend to avoid leaving these kinds of positions, and risk dropping back to the 30,000-40,000 norm. This is especially the case when the likes of BCC offer yearly increases that could potentially exceed 70K.

On top of that, you could do privates at the weekend. However, you could be doing that in Korea/Japan too, so comparing like-for-like Thailand will always be far, far less lucrative than a first-world country.

Also, I have heard rumblings about these "English program" schools wanting to unload their 60K-70K teachers, reset back to 35K and increase their numbers of 20K teachers from the Philippines. Maybe its just the usually BKK grumbling, but some of my well-paid teacher friends there are feeling a bit edgy.
bograt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one that pays 140,000 to 163,000 baht

https://jobs.britishcouncil.org/Vacancies/I/7508/0/148662/5448/head-of-academic-management-regional-english-training-centre-retc-boot-camp-project-thailand-tha-b7-1575?utm_source=internal&utm_term=east-asia-thailand-thailand-english-and-exams-project-management-pay-band-7&utm_content=head-of-academic-management-regional-english-training-centre-retc-boot-camp-project-thailand-tha-b7-1575&utm_campaign=british-council-recruitment&utm_medium=AtsViewLink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: