Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Switching from work to tourist visa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The song

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject: Switching from work to tourist visa Reply with quote

If I came to Colombia march 20, and then stayed as a tourist until I changed my Visa around mid-August, (5 months total), then went on a work VISA for a while can I switch back to a tourist visa or do I have to wait until the new year? My contract runs until December, but I'd like to leave before then as the work environment has been quite different than what was described to me.
dudeteacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar enquiry but it doesn't seem line anyone is up for answering.

I have to change from Work Visa to Tourist Visa and am wondering how much time I can get with it and do I renew the visa after two months or three.

I emailed the Consulate in my city but they told me to contact Migracion Colombia in Bogota.
The song

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, I couldn't have switched to a tourist visa. I think I would have used all of my visas. I don't know where you are from but most countries get 90 days and then another 90 if you renew.
wanderingxelmundo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have 6 months (or 180 days, I believe) as a tourist per calendar year. So if you're tourist-work-tourist you'd add up tourist days before and after work visa. The clock re-starts Jan. 1

Normally the number of days you are initially given is up to 90 days, somewhat up to discretion of officer giving it to you - sometimes it will be 60, and sometimes 90 days. You can probably get them to give you 90 if you've been there for awhile already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: