Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do I still have to apply for a work visa outside Mexico?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inotu-unotme

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Do I still have to apply for a work visa outside Mexico? Reply with quote

I have a PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA for Mexico...

I wanted to ask other teachers living in Mexico... Can I work at a physical school if I have a PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA for Mexico without leaving the country to Mexico for a 'working visa?' Or, does a PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA for Mexico not change anything and if I work at a physical school it would be the same process everyone else has to do that is a foreigner?

thanks
MotherF

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two years ago you just had to go to IMN and register a change in activity. You should do this within 90 days. There was no cost, but the school needs to have it's "expidiente basico" up-to-date at the local IMN.
davidmsgi

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: permanent resident visa Reply with quote

A permanent resident visa should allow you unlimited working rights anywhere in Mexico. You also require no sponsorship from employers - you're as free to work as a Mexican citizen. I assume you're married to a Mexican citizen - is that how you qualify for a PRV? If yes - you have complete work freedom.
Samantha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What MotherF said. And FYI, living in Mexico legally for a specific period of time qualifies a person for permanent status, not necessary to be married to a national. Smile
MotherF

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samantha wrote:
What MotherF said. And FYI, living in Mexico legally for a specific period of time qualifies a person for permanent status, not necessary to be married to a national. Smile

I know that, but I also know from the OPs history on this forum she has a spouse I've assumed to be Mexican.
There are various paths to permanent status, and once you have it you only have to inform IMN of changes in your work situation or address.
Samantha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, sorry, I was making reference to davidmsgi's comment/question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: