Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in France General Information HELP!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip1982

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Teaching in France General Information HELP! Reply with quote

Hi there! Laughing

I'm starting my teaching career in Korea on March 1, 2017. I'm very excited but it's only the start of my 5-10 year plan.

I have a sister who moved to France with her husband and small daughter and I visited them in August last year. I've always been looking to move overseas and my hart is now firmly set on France.

Firstly. What are the Visa requirements for a Non-EU country, specifically South African?

I'm planning to work for 5 years or so and then I want to buy a property in the south of France where my sister lives. I'm definitely going to learn french in the next 5 years. I heard it is quite important to know the language.

Then. What are the job prospects there? I read it's mainly business English or freelancing. Are the public schools any good? Do they hire foreigners?

Basically I need to know the scoop, the deals and what's going down in France for foreign English teachers.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
danshengou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, without EU citizenship it will be more difficult to get established there.
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume your sister's husband is a French national. Your situation will be far more difficult visa-wise.
ISSAKAB

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: work in France Reply with quote

Suggest you marry a French national. Otherwise I think you will find it very difficult to immigrate in to France. You can find out the requirements for visa entry to France through the web, all the information is on the French governments website. In French. France is a very difficult country in which to live and operate. Lots of restrictive practices and closed shop arrangements mean getting a proper job is virtually impossible, unless you are a French national and have plenty of connections. It's very expensive to employ someone in France, the result of this is a lot of people unemployed, underemployed or working the 'gig' economy, temporary, short term contracts with no job security. Be aware the tax take here is so high that if you declare everything you earn it isn't worth working. Look on tefl.com and see the absence of jobs in France compared to say Italy, Spain or other European countries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: