Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bahcesehir Koleji on ESLemployment SCAM?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
busengteacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Bahcesehir Koleji on ESLemployment SCAM? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I applied for a job on ESLemployment, I thought the benefits and salary were amazing for Turkey (18,000 TRL + Accommodation + transport and meals... etc) . Carried on with the application.. then the principal emailed me on the same day requesting a Skype interview.. He had a Turkish name (Nihat Ahmet) but I thought there was a bit of an Indian twang, he asked me 3 q's:
1- Tell me about yourself?
2- What could you bring to this job
3- Convince me more that you want the job

Same day he sent me a contract and I signed.. he then asked me to email the Turkish immigration service to get my VISA :S
Turkish Immigration Service Department
Mail: [email protected]
Very Happy
So I emailed to play along and he asked for all my certificates and contract etc

Have you come across these types of jobs?? what do they normally do after?? do they request money?? can they use your certificates and passport copy etc?

Thanks in advance

EDIT - 1

Sorry forgot to mention when the so called immigration department emailed me back I traced their IP.. and it came back as Nigeria/Abuja... and the so called Principal's IP came back as San Jose, I'm guessing he's using a VPN
nichtta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give them any information! Yes, that's definitely a scam. The highest I've heard of is 8,000 TL / month, and that's a lot. If he said 18,000 TL / month that's definitely a scam, and their ip addresses only confirm your suspicions. I'm glad you didn't fall for it! I hope they're served the justice they deserve.
busengteacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nichtta wrote:
Don't give them any information! Yes, that's definitely a scam. The highest I've heard of is 8,000 TL / month, and that's a lot. If he said 18,000 TL / month that's definitely a scam, and their ip addresses only confirm your suspicions. I'm glad you didn't fall for it! I hope they're served the justice they deserve.

Yea I started finding out about the salaries in Turkey this month after this offer...
I really hope so, because anyone could fall for this as he provided everything in great detail...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: