Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching sites/companys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanderson19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Teaching sites/companys Reply with quote

Hi all!
I've just started looking at english teaching jobs abroad and Mexico would be first choice however I'm flexible. I understand the best way to get one is to go there and interview with schools,however, with money and visas this is slightly difficult for me. I already have my TEFL certificate and a little teaching experience.
I know of API abroad which charge ~$1000 for their teaching programs, and have also come across Global ERS which claim to have positions in Mexico. So, I was wondering If anyone had used any of these services, would they recommend, and if not if there is any other sites or company which offer help?
Thank you,
Sarah
mmarc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sarah,

I went through Global-ERS for my current job. The company itself was not very organized, wasn't good about responding to emails, and didn't really listen to my placement requests. Aside from the initial emails with Global-ERS, I don't remember if I even heard from them again.

However, they did get me in touch with a school in my target city, with whom I interviewed and accepted a job. Apart from the hiring process, Global-ERS has nothing to do with the school, so experiences from there on out will vary widely.

Another thing to note is that I believe Global-ERS works mainly with international schools. I'm not sure if a TEFL certificate is enough for those types of schools, but it's Mexico and it wouldn't be the most surprising thing I've seen in these schools. Worth a try.
sp1903

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmarc,
I've recently applied to Global-ERS, so thanks for sharing that info.

Sarah,
I'd be curious to hear how you're getting on with them, if at all.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Global ERS has been around for many years and I know 4 or 5 people personally who either went on interviews arranged by them and/or took a job that resulted from an interview arranged by them. I went on an interview arranged by them as well - the job would have been awesome - but a 2 hour each way commute was not at all what I was looking for.
sp1903

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadBeagleBad That's great to know, thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: