Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you send the actual degree to the embassy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomadic_meow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimadecaomei wrote:
The apostille system is not recognized by China. Documents need to be authenticated.

Well, that is all lost in translation then.

A university FAO sent me a list of requirements saying "authenticated by the Chinese embassy" and the Chinese consulate told me on the phone as I recall, to go the US consulate AND a Vietnamese office and get two "stamps" (one for each document, repeat at each office) when I mentioned apostilles to them.

Now, did I just misspeak by thinking they meant apostilles? Is there some other stamp you can actually get in Vietnam to satisfy all this???

It seems they know what they want and some countries may be playing ball inside Vietnam with whatever it is... Or at least they think they know what they want, and they have addresses here that are supposedly responsible according to them. It breaks down when you actually ask the US consulate for an apostille though. They say Vietnam itself isn't in the system to be doing apostilles at all (and authentications per State don't happen outside the US).

Meanwhile, another recruiter inside China is saying all the schools she knows, require "authentications"... Which matches but it's a bit late for me to hear that now. I'm certainly not going to the US.

In other words, what exactly is a Chinese (not American) authentication looking for?! In terms that the US consulate would understand, even.
nomadic_meow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received some images from a recruiter in China which seem to suggest that the Chinese system might not require apostilles at all (?), but they do require a sealed statement from your embassy if overseas at least.

I'm not sure if it's called a notary seal or merely an "affidavit" yet. The image is a little faint, but it is reported to be and at least appears to have been issued at a consulate in Hanoi.

So there might be no relationship between the US authentication system and the Chinese one? As opposed to the I presume, internationalized apostille system? The terminology gets crazy when more than one government might be using the same word to refer to completely different things.
Wicked Stepmother

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A poster from the UK here. My authentication seal from the Chinese embassy is actually attached to my MA. I am assuming that once it is unattached, it is pretty much worthless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: