Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English First Indonesia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deniseryan20

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: English First Indonesia Reply with quote

Hello!

Does anyone has any prior experience or knowledge of working with English First in Indonesia? I have an interview this week and the communication process with the recruiters has been positive to this point.

I am looking for some objective opinions, advice on the quality of the school, how they treat their employees, what life is like living there, work development opportunities.

I know the salaries are not the highest but I am most interested in a good teaching and cultural experience. Any tips or advice are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Denise
Knedliki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who worked there (although I guess there's more than one school) after finishing her CELTA.
She didn't like it and couldn't wait to leave. Shared accommodation with a mixed bunch of people, disorganised managers and a heavy workload were some of her issues.
She said the students were okay though.
Elicit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experiences will vary as there are the EF owned centers and the franchise schools.

In my opinion, the EF owned centers would be best, but there are one or two good franchises too. By good I mean you will get a kitas, be treated fairly, and be paid correctly and on time. These 'benefits' should not be taken for granted in our business.

Overall, An OK job for a new teacher.
carmensharpe

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@deniseryan20 What did you end up doing? Did you accept the offer with EF and how are you finding it?

I am currently in Japan and looking to go to Indonesia in a few months too. I'm not sure where to start.

Advice?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: