Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutorial/class management software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Tutorial/class management software Reply with quote

I'm sure this exists, but searching for anything with 'online' and 'tutorials' in it just turns up pages of online classes. I'm looking for something that will let students sign up for a specific tutorial slot, and not let them change anyone else's sign up choice, or let them join a tutorial that is full.

For example, say I have 50 students, and 10 tutorial slots at random times through the week. 5 students can attend each tutorial. I want to be able to post the times online somehow and have students sign up for the time they want. I don't want to end up with 6 students in one tutorial.

Obviously, I would prefer it to be free, but I don't mind paying something for it.

Any ideas?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try via a search using class scheduling software free, which yielded a bunch of links including the following:
http://www.vagueware.com/free-scheduling-software-for-schools-and-colleges/

Give Edmodo a look; it might have the features you need. For alternatives to Edmodo, check out https://www.g2crowd.com/products/edmodo/competitors/alternatives.
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thank you! I figured it was just a question of using the right search term, but I was going in circles.
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone else who might be looking for this. I have just discovered that there's also a scheduler plugin for Moodle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: