Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Demystifying the Saudi visa types
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdurian

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: re: correct! Reply with quote

siologen wrote:
Quote:
Attempts to extract information from the Saudi Embassy or Consulate are guaranteed to end in failure. These organisations do not act as dispeners of information.

I agree. Now I want to posit a question, if anyone can help with an answer it will be appreciated, as I no longer have a bank account, nor bricks or mortar in the UK, is it possible to have the salary paid in SAR in hand each month Question Has anyone had their employer do that for them in the past, or as of right now?

I did this for a year in my first job in Saudi, but the law now says that you have to be paid into a Saudi bank account. I was 'encouraged' to open an account after the law changed.

I think you'd find it very hard to find an employer who would pay you in cash.

TBH, I'd also worry about where to keep that cash, in that same job, there were numerous thefts over one summer when people were away.

When you have TCNs with access to company provided accommodation, a wad of cash is a big temptation.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The law now says that you have to be paid into a Saudi bank account. I was 'encouraged' to open an account after the law changed.

I think you'd find it very hard to find an employer who would pay you in cash.

siologen failed to mention that he expects to get either a business or work visit visa.
siologen

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: re: to answer.. Reply with quote

For both NS and big tropical fruit, thanks for the reply.

The previous position I applied for had an option of company provided digs or rental allowance for your own accomodation, what are TCNs bigdurian, obviously an abbreviation, some workers presumably who have access to the company provided digs??

Regards on.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: re: to answer.. Reply with quote

siologen wrote:
What are TCNs?

A TCN is a third country national.

BTW, I hope you are following http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=116238; the OP on that thread has a business visa.
siologen

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: re: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for explaining the abbreviation. I am not following that thread, at least not on a daily basis, but I will take a look now, thanks.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADDED:
During your interview, be sure to confirm:
    • Which visa type you're expected to obtain.
    • Whether you'd be required to return to your home/passport country for the visa process (if you presently live elsewhere).
siologen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: re: an ammendum... Reply with quote

I have just had a chat with a potential employer, who has told me 3 month work visit visas are available in Bahrain, through an agent. I did understand that only Business visas were available in Bahrain previously, but this guy definitely mentioned a work visit visa. Is there any inherent difference between the two, or are they mostly the same? Is it the business visa that lets you leave once a month (presumably, to Bahrain?)
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated in my OP, both the business visa and work visit visa are intended for short-term stays/visits to do business or work on behalf of their company and not for employment purposes under a Saudi employer. The actual visa in the person's passport indicates the Saudi sponsor or employer in Arabic and whether it's a visit visa type or it's for employment. (See these samples of a work visit visa and business visa compared to what an employment visa looks like.)

You'd have to confirm with the sponsor and/or visa agent the possibility of getting one that allows for multi-exit/reentry. BTW, a business visa for KSA can be obtained in many other countries and not just Bahrain. The rep you spoke to should be able to explain his company's requirements and the instructions for getting either of these visas.
siologen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: re: loud and clear... Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW, a business visa for KSA can be obtained in many other countries and not just Bahrain. The rep you spoke to should be able to explain his company's requirements and the instructions for getting either of these visas.

I do not recall ever mentioning that Bahrain is the be all and end all for getting a business/work visit visa for the KSA, but if I did I apologize profusely.

In this case I am referring to Bahrain. I was told the work visit visa route is still an option there, via an agent and just thought that might be useful info for those who do not want to solve the visa problem in their respective homelands.

thanks again.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siologen wrote:
In this case I am referring to Bahrain. I was told the work visit visa route is still an option there, via an agent and just thought that might be useful info for those who do not want to solve the visa problem in their respective homelands.

Flying new expat workers into Bahrain for a biz visa or work visit visa may be the arrangement for that particular company but not for all others. Again, job candidates need to get clarification from the prospective sponsor or employer about the visa type, requirements, and process.
siologen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: re: agreed.. Reply with quote

Quote:
Again, job candidates need to get clarification from the prospective sponsor or employer about the visa type, requirements, and process.

Agreed, which I did from this one. So it is good news for those who may be working in eastern province of Saudi Arabia, and who do not want to go back to their own country to get a biz or work visit visa. Suits blokes like me, but may not suit all. Thanks for your input on!!!!!
Northern Sol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work visit visas are no longer being issued by Saudi embassies.

I had an interview cancelled on the day and a friend had a job offer rescinded because of this (with BAE systems).

Jobs in Saudi are still being advertised, I'm not sure that the Saudi employers are aware of this or more likely think that it does not apply to them.

Doubtless at some point this is going to be restored but for the time being don't put too much faith in what employers are promising you unless you know that they are applying for a full iqama on your behalf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: