Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online Teaching Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Online Teaching Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adzy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Online Teaching Questions Reply with quote

Hi All,

After some advice for me and my partner.

We have both completed the 120 hour TEFL online course and hope to teach online (while slowly traveling) around SE Asia with our son.

My partner has her (Australian) University Degree in Teaching and I have certificates from (from Tafe) in Computer Networking and also Print & Graphic Media.

My partner has arthritis, so we would need to visit countries with semi-decent medical facilities for scans and blood tests every few months.

Can anyone recommend a good online teaching company?

We would like a company that:

1) Pays reasonably well

2) Pays on time

3) Accepts Australians citizens/accents (most seem to require US accents)

4) Can guarantee hours (we would like to do around 5 hrs a day, Mon-Fri and possibly some weekend work to top up the savings)

5) Trust worthy (We don't want to work for a month to find out the company has vanished on pay day)

Any other info, tip or advice is welcome and appreciated.
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the 120 hour TEFL online course

There are many of these and you will probably want to specify which one when applying. Online certs aren't accepted in some regions for in-person teaching, but I don't know how they are received by online employers.

I have personally never heard of anyone making a regular steady living teaching online - most teachers use this kind of work to supplement their income from in-person teaching.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the following:

Most complete on-line school list in universe - http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=102710
Best Online Teaching Companies for Learners; For Teachers? - http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=116083
How many teach online, have, or plan to (even partly)? - http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=114559
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Online Teaching Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: