Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa Agent Services (Referrals)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimadecaomei wrote:
I think people are misunderstanding the authentication thing. It is really aimed at returning Chinese, who outnumber the non-Chinese greatly. There is not a very viable way for them to go through the steps the government requires for an authenticated document.

Which "authentication thing"? The process per the US State Dept. link I provided above is for any country that requires state or federal level authentication/apostille authentication for employment purposes. Case in point, it was the process I had to follow for my diploma for the UAE. Ditto for Americans heading for legal employment in Kuwait, SK, Mongolia, Oman...
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you follow a US policy for what other countries require?
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the authentication stamp, not sure if the US gov would accept it.
http://tinypic.com/m/k0k7yc/4
My document has been authenticated.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimadecaomei wrote:
Yes, when I contacted my university they wanted a copy to notarize, then it would go Sec of State of California, then to the Consulate in SF. I have a company, through Beijing, doing it. I doubt they will bother with my university, just notarize, Sec State, then embassy. No doubt the way they are doing it is illegal.
Here is the authentication stamp, not sure if the US gov would accept it.
My document has been authenticated.

That I can't answer. See the following:

Quote:
The California Secretary of State provides authentication of public official signatures on documents to be used outside the United States of America.

An Authentication Certificate only certifies the authenticity of the signature of the official who signed the document, the capacity in which that official acted, and when appropriate, the identity of the seal or stamp which the document bears.

For diplomas, that "official" would normally be the university registrar. That said, California has something called a California Copy Certification by Document Custodian, which is what that service you used may have had signed. (Google it.) However, unlike a registrar's affidavit, it doesn't validate anything.
OhBudPowellWhereArtThou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimadecaomei wrote:
OK, so my degree has been authenticated by the Chinese consulate. I did not leave China. I paid 2200 yuan and they processed it through NY and the NY consulate (my doc is from CA). It has the authentication stamp from the Chinese consulate. It was obviously not a very legal process, but I am not defrauding anyone.

Was there no accompanying letter and another document attached to it with a grommet? The consulates sure have streamlined things.
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was notarized, a letter from a county clerk, and then a letter from the NY Secretary of State. My doc is from California though.
svenhassel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: NYC consulate etc Reply with quote

Getting back to agencies.... visa agencies.... Given that some U.S consulates are asking for fingerprints & a passport to get a Z visa (Chicago & SF?) and some are not (NYC) Are U.S citizens expected to make a couple of trips in person or is it possible to use visa agencies still.

I'm specifically interested in whether NYC is fingerprinting or not. The agency mychinesevisa.com informs me it is not.

Naturally the consulate is not answering the phone.

And.... FYI the Dublin consulate is most definitely taking fingerprints, well mine anyway.

Please advise...
huoguojiggae2017

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm specifically interested in whether NYC is fingerprinting or not. The agency mychinesevisa.com informs me it is not.

I am using mychinavisa too and they are being extremely helpful each time I call. However, it is not really their call or the consulates.

We are trying to find loopholes, but it appears that local checks require you be there in person with ID, state level checks require fingerprints, and so it's something required before the courier services or consulates get involved.
svenhassel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you're using mychinavisa in NY? NY are taking fingerprints for Z visas.

mychinavisa told me NY were not taking fingerprints.
huoguojiggae2017

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

svenhassel wrote:
and you're using mychinavisa in NY? NY are taking fingerprints for Z visas.

mychinavisa told me NY were not taking fingerprints.

I don't think you are understanding me. I feel that questioning whether or not one location accepts fingerprints is now a moot point.

When I call My China Visa, I am not calling one location, I am calling their 800 number. I want to get an idea of what people need across the board. This is what is going to end up being "the way".

If you want to find out about fingerprint issues, don't ask your recruiter, courier service or consulate. CALL YOUR LOCAL POLICE OFFICE. If one says you need fingerprints or be there in person with ID, CALL ANOTHER PRECINCT IN YOUR COUNTY. If you keep getting the same story as I am getting, then you will have to get fingerprints or come in person with ID (which if you are in China will be a waste of airfare).

If you want to ignore this advice, you are gambling more money away, as well as time (if I just got the fingerprints in May this could have been done already, but I held on like you are doing now). They might reject your attempt, and your family members will resent the fact you asked them to drive around trying to skirt the inevitable. GET FINGERPRINTS, whether or not you are in LA, NY, Pluto, wherever, get the fingerprints, do the deed. Pay the fees and move on.
svenhassel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am asking whether one consulate takes fingerprints, not 'accepts'...

As in, does the consulate in NY take your fingerprints when you apply for a a Z visa?
OhBudPowellWhereArtThou

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything you need to know about getting fingerprints, police reports, etc.. IN THE U.S. :

http://www.myfbireport.com/
svenhassel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That I know but some consulates are also taking additional fingerprints when you hand your passport in. This means you need to appear in person at the consulate and cannot use a visa agency to submit your visa application for you.
huoguojiggae2017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

svenhassel wrote:
That I know but some consulates are also taking additional fingerprints when you hand your passport in. This means you need to appear in person at the consulate and cannot use a visa agency to submit your visa application for you.

I would be interested in knowing what consulates these are and where it states this. For the NY consulate, I was going to get fingerprints done with them, and my recruiter at the time was going to use them. There was no mention of me having to be there in person. Now, I am going to do it with another school, another consulate, and My China Visa is saying I can even do it without fingerprints if I can get the police station to notarize it.

So, I question what you are saying. Where does it state you have to be there in person at the consulate? Local police stations are saying you have to be there in person with ID. Perhaps you are mixing up the two.
svenhassel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup mychinavisa say you don't have to be there, in NY, in person. I was looking for confirmation of that from someone who had been recently.

See the warning on their website http://www.mychinavisa.com/visas/work follow this up and you'll find out that you have to be in Chicago and SF for different types of visa. I understand they're trialling the system.

By local police you mean police in China? that makes sense. I am not in China or the US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: