Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICEAT information needed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEFL79

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: ICEAT information needed Reply with quote

Hello,
I need some information regarding ICEAT, as they will be coming to the UK for their recruitment drive.
1 What are they like as recruiters?
2 Can you share your recent experience of working with them?
3 Do they fulfil their side of the contract?
4 What kind of salary can I expect with 3-4 years of ESL teaching experience?
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main advice would be don't go.. However, if you are willing to take the risk I think around 11-12,000 SAR should be the minimum on offer plus accommodation for someone with just a few years of experience.
TEFL79

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. Please could you elaborate on your advice of not going, it would be much appreciated.
Have you previously worked for/with them?
What is your experience with this company?
Siobhan 22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one contact working with them at IPA in Dammam. (This contact and I were supposed to be mobilized to BAE last Nov).

His feedback is VERY good about the students at IPA and ICEAT treat him fairly (evidently no agency mollycoddles teachers) - much better than SBC and Edex.
TEFL79

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting so much conflicting information, I'm considering just leaving it. I would be interested to hear from anyone that attended the job fair in London over the weekend, and have signed up with ICEAT.
ginger123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all!

I was told it was a sham. First day less than ten and lesser the next two days.

No one got any offer so far and the two (guys) who were conducting the interviews were incompetent. Both of them are non-native speakers and according to some teachers who went to their (sham job fair) it was an epic fail.

ICEAT had the best teachers once but they kept loosing them because of management incompetency and greed.
TEFL79

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. I am so glad I didn’t go. Thanks to the power of the internet, people are being saved from these disgusting companies. QEHC have suffered a similar fate during their recent recruitment drive.
Lord T

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked alongside 2 teachers from ICEAT a few years ago, and they were paid about 20,000 riyal a month with 6 weeks annual holiday pay.

An ICEAT teacher that I know, works for them at IPA Riyadh, and he is on 10,000 a month for 9 months of the year and no holiday pay for the remaining 3 months.

Just another indication of how far things have fallen in the last few years.
TEFL79

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the economic downturn in Saudi, things will get a lot worse. ESL jobs will only be taken by those that are absolutely desperate. Once the money has gone people will avoid Saudi at all cost.
waltgomez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEFL79 wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I am so glad I didn’t go. Thanks to the power of the internet, people are being saved from these disgusting companies. QEHC have suffered a similar fate during their recent recruitment drive.

What fate did they suffer?
TEFL79

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QEHC had a recruitment drive in Birmingham/London for their TVTC program, that they manage. There was only person conducting the interviews, and only a few people turned up for the interviews. They were put off after reading and hearing about the awful conduct of QEHC. I myself have stopped people from taking job offers from QEHC.
TEFL79

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received an e-mail a few days ago, ICEAT are back in London recruiting (Tuesday 8th August), this time as clients of TEFL Warehouse.
Looks like the last recruitment drive was a big failure.

They are offering the following:

Basic Salary 11,000/- for Masters
10,000 for Bachelors
Housing Provided by Company
Transportation Provided by Company
B) Annual Vacation & Flight: Paid 30 Days per year. Also a Flight Ticket (for expiate employee only).
C) Medical Insurance: will provided by the company.
D) Contract Status: Single
E) Joining Date: September 10th 2017
F) Working Days and Hours: 48 Hours a week (Sunday- Thursday). If required by client on Saturday, you could be called.
G) Professional Attire: You have to be formally dressed during your work.
H) Validity of this offer: Three days from the date of issue.
I) KSU Acceptance: Upon acceptance from KSU for the Academic Year, 2017-18 you will provided a formal Contract by our company.
Male candidates will be offered a work visit visa
Females will be offered a work visa.

What is the difference between a work visit visa and a work visa?
Lord T

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it, a work visa is what you need to get an iqama and therefore be working legally; a work-visit visa does not make you eligible to apply for an iqama.

The legality of the work-visit visa is a grey area, but you can be sure that you won't be able to get an iqama, and therefore will be unable to open a bank account.

I also received the e-mail advert from TEFL Warehouse, as did an ex-colleague.
Neither of us will be responding to it.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEFL79 wrote:

See the forum sticky on visa types.
Arenta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEFL79 wrote:
Received an e-mail a few days ago, ICEAT are back in London recruiting (Tuesday 8th August), this time as clients of TEFL Warehouse.
Looks like the last recruitment drive was a big failure.

They are offering the following:

Basic Salary 11,000/- for Masters
10,000 for Bachelors
Housing Provided by Company
Transportation Provided by Company
B) Annual Vacation & Flight: Paid 30 Days per year. Also a Flight Ticket (for expiate employee only).
C) Medical Insurance: will provided by the company.
D) Contract Status: Single
E) Joining Date: September 10th 2017
F) Working Days and Hours: 48 Hours a week (Sunday- Thursday). If required by client on Saturday, you could be called.
G) Professional Attire: You have to be formally dressed during your work.
H) Validity of this offer: Three days from the date of issue.
I) KSU Acceptance: Upon acceptance from KSU for the Academic Year, 2017-18 you will provided a formal Contract by our company.
Male candidates will be offered a work visit visa
Females will be offered a work visa.

I saw your post today shortly after seeing and responding to their ad here on the site. I sent my CV & quals to them and less than 15 minutes later had a response saying "we have a position for you" and asking me to send transcripts, which I did. There was no mention of attending a job fair at all. They are offering what you say above with the same conditions. I was amazed to get such a quick response minutes after applying ! That makes me think they are a little desperate and leads me to question why. Apart of course from the low pay !

From what I understand, the business visa does not allow you to work legally. So working there is technically illegal on such a visa. They could of course apply for a work visa on your behalf at a later date but many do not. A friend worked in Saudi for around 9 years on a business visa without problems. I just wonder if there are any legal consequences for the employee if found to be working on this type of visa?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: