Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New short term jobs in Kazakhstan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
praguecity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: New short term jobs in Kazakhstan Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

Has anyone else started to notice that more and more recruiters are posting jobs in Kazakhstan but without giving any details about the company or location in Kazakhstan? I am not talking about any of the Nazarbayev schools, I am talking about the new project to teach subject teachers and also English teachers.

I noticed the latest ad stating "10 English language teachers needed in Central Asia." But it would not state the country name, city or company. It is very obvious it is Kazakhstan (the requirements are almost the same for other jobs I saw). But why the silly secrecy?

Just wondering! If anyone knows how to find the name of the real company in Kazakhstan I would really appreciate it.

p.s. I know that the recruiter is trying to earn money by getting teachers for his client, but after two frustrating experiences with recruiters recently, I realized that I sometimes know more information than they do and it was just a waste of time. In addition, it takes them forever to reply, if and when they do.
09Turner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds sketchy.
kazpat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teaching English to content teachers is a major priority right now in KZ. Depending on the region there are different vendors who have won the bid from the ministry. So several different companies have the contract. For example, in my area, Studyinn won the bid.
09Turner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kazpat, thanks!
What's like in Kazakhstan like for an expat? How are the dating possibilities? I perceive Kazakh women to be the type to wait until marriage or no dice - am I wrong there?
kazpat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just say that Kazakhstan is far more Russian / European in regards to dating and other social attitudes. It is very secular and religion or religious norms do not carry into everyday life. Don't let the "stan" fool you, the country is far more modern than most people think. There is a very active FB group for expats in KZ that can probably better answer your non-teaching related questions.
praguecity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kazpat. I was able to finally find the companies who are doing the projects. You are correct, there are several of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: