Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nun Okullari - Foundation/Private School in Istanbul

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluething

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Nun Okullari - Foundation/Private School in Istanbul Reply with quote

Hello,

I have received an interview invitation from this school and I cannot find anything online about it except for Turkish websites.
I don't know anything about their vacancy or benefits. Their website (translated by Google somehow) reads that the salary+benefits are discussed after the interview. I have sent my CV to a recruitment agency 2 months ago and they forwarded my CV (which was shortlisted by the school) to them.

I have read about the reputation private schools in Turkey have, but as I taught in technical schools in Romania, I don't think Turkish students could be worse.
In my country I had students on probation released from prison, drug addicts and drug traffickers, students sometimes decided to have fist fights in class, blood dripping on the floor and so on.

Website of the school: http://nunokullari.com/TR

I would appreciate any info on the school in case you have it. Thank you. Smile
RockchickAus

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Re Nun Reply with quote

Nun is a new school and has accreditiation with IB for bot PYP and MYP. They are in the process of applying for IB now. They seem like a decent school to work for. I would go through PRUDENTİAL FİRST recruitment or NATIVE TEACHER IN TURKEY recruitment. They seem to be offering good packages.
bluething

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.

I went through the interview process, they did not want to disclose the salary. They were ready to hire me. We talked on a Friday and they would have liked for me to start on Monday. But without knowing how much I would be paid, how could they expect me to change continents in three days?
depechemodefan1966

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so the red flag goes up again.

I would steer clear of this one if they are not telling you the salary before you start the job.
peripatetic_soul

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Nun Okallari Reply with quote

Ditto other posters' advice: If the recruiter/institution is offering a PACKAGE, you have a right to know as a prospective employee what that includes, especially the salary! I would never accept a position without a copy of the contract or some written confirmation as to terms of the position. Good luck!
PS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: