Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bahcesehir Koleji schools around Turkey
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
curious&wiser

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Bahcesehir Koleji schools around Turkey Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with this group of schools? I understand some are franchises and working conditions can be VERY different.
contented

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also curious to know more about these schools. Anyone care to share their experience?
delal

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't worked for them, but I know parents who are happy with the one near me (after having tried state schools and other private schools), and Turkish teachers who have said that the educatıonal standards are high.
As you say, it probably varies from school to school. It's probably best to decide which one you want to apply to and then post specifically about that one.
contented

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Delal. I'm interested in knowing about the ones in Istanbul. Are they good schools to work at? Seems like they are ok because I haven't read anything terrible about them. I did notice on their website they have summer and winter courses. Do teachers have to work during winter break?
delal

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: all year schools Reply with quote

Hi
As you imply, there are lots of teachers who are actually ok with where they work, which could explain why there are no posts about many schools in Turkey on here
The summer course will no doubt be summer school (baby sitting for working parents) and could be an optional way for teachers to earn extra cash. You'd have to check that out at the interview (and make sure any decision is in writing in your contract, of course)
Can't really help any more. Sorry
parnett

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked at Bahcesehir Koleji in Bahcesehir as a 5th grade teacher fifteen years ago. I'm sure things have changed drastically since my stay there. What I remember the most is how spoiled and unmotivated the students were. I had four classes and two of them were virtually impossible to control. The head of the department (Olga) was clueless as were each of the many Directors of Study they had during my tenure there.
The school itself was beautiful. The salary was reasonable and paid on time, but this was before the economic collapse around the year 2000.
Dancebiscuits

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've signed a contract to start work with them in August at the Halkali branch so I'll let you know after that. So far the contract seems fine and the people I've dealt with perfectly reasonable and efficient, with a good knowledge of curriculum and child development.
rockinrobin714

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had an interview with them today! They want me to give them an answer pretty soon. The salary is 3000 a month with free housing and the lady was really trying to push me to Izmir.
londone7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: any experiences good/bad... Reply with quote

Can anyone post some experiences with this chain good/bad other than kids being spoilt (already seen those comments!)

ie. any payment problems, cirriculim, working conditions, housing, managers, etc...

I am in possible final stages of being placed in one of their schools around Adana region

thanks Smile
ninjaniki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any recent experience working for these schools?
acteach

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: bahcesehir adana Reply with quote

hi.. I have been offered a teaching job at the Bahcesehir school in Adana. They have not offered any accommodation or house allowance. Without any frame of reference its hard to say how well my salary will cover my expenses. How much is a good salary in such a place and has anyone had any recent experience working for Bahcesehir ?
I would appreciate any advice or input..
Redcar24

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well typically you need to share housing with someone and 3000 is good for Adana
acteach

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post ..That'swhat they have offered. What are the rents like? I would prefer not to share a place.
Otterman Ollie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you need to do some research on typical rents in the area, should be a lot cheaper than in the bigger cities. Internet websites like sahibden .com may help you or even a national newspaper, perhaps a local may offer advice, you boots on the ground there first, btw it does get pretty hot down there in the summer! Not the best time to be flat hunting!
Redcar24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Teaching in Adana Reply with quote

Housing is expensive in Adana a furnished house is 850 Lira or more plus a deposit and finders fee....

I am looking for a room mate or roommates my house is very close to the school I could offer you a good place to stay ...Please pm me with your contact details
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: