Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOPICA native - any experience?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skarper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: TOPICA native - any experience? Reply with quote

I'm starting to look into online teaching and this company popped up. TOPICA Native.

Does anybody have any experiences of working for them? Failing that what is the gossip about them?

I found an old 2016 post that said pay started at $10 an hour, but the poster was in the process of applying.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I interviewed with them over a year and a half ago. They do a skype interview and then they check your computer specs online. Their main concern is that your equipment matches their requirements. Mine did but they didn't like the fact that my netbook has an Intel Atom processor, so they weren't able to hire me.

They also sent a demo video. You can find many of these on youtube, and you will see that their platform is very busy, and why they're worried about your computer's ability to handle it.

In the middle of this thread:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=115993

there are two fairly extensive lists of online teaching companies.
skarper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's helpful.

I have an iMac that I would want to use. I'm unlikely to want to buy a new computer just for a few hours work a week. I understand that they can't guarantee the number of hours you'll work in a given week.

I also can't get along with windows after so long on Mac OS. Do they support Mac computers? Maybe you didn't ask.

I may go thru with the interview and process just for practice and since I have nothing to lose.

Hoping more people will chip in with their experiences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: