Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Current best places to get TEFL experience?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrulensdark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Current best places to get TEFL experience? Reply with quote

By places I mean countries/cities and the like. I want to teach in Saudi or Oman, some place I can fund the rest of my MA in ESL, which I'm half way through with, but they all seem to want 2,3,or 5 years of experience. Should I go somewhere else first? Where might I go that is more lenient on experience but still look good on a resume?

Basically I'm looking to build my resume and portfolio to the point where I can anywhere. Thank you.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

China tends to be the most doable, popular destination for newbies.
thrulensdark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
China tends to be the most doable, popular destination for newbies.

I was moving towards that but you've helped me make my decision. Thanks.
Intrepid Instructor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plan on finishing your Master's in ESL online, you may want to consider that a lot of GCC (Gulf Coast Countries) schools (from what I've read) require that you complete your ESL degree in a physical classroom. Actually some of the applications that I've filled out inquired if my diploma was "face to face."
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intrepid Instructor wrote:
If you plan on finishing your Master's in ESL online, you may want to consider that a lot of GCC (Gulf Coast Countries) schools (from what I've read) require that you complete your ESL degree in a physical classroom. Actually some of the applications that I've filled out inquired if my diploma was "face to face."

It's the Gulf Cooperation Council.

You're correct; most of the Gulf countries, including Saudi Arabia, do not recognize a qualifying degree that entailed any online coursework. For KSA, the degree gets authenticated by an administrative arm of the Ministry of Education when the job candidate submits his/her employment visa application to the Saudi consulate. The process includes verifying the mode of instruction (in-class vs online) with the candidate's university.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: