Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching Certification in the Russian Speaking World

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Langle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Teaching Certification in the Russian Speaking World Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

Currently trying to figure out what exactly are the specifications for TEFL requirements in the Russian speaking world. Right now i am looking at an in-person CELTA course that includes among other instruction six hours of classroom practice. As far as i can tell, this course is top of the line and will be accepted anywhere. However for various reasons, I would like to save some money and time (if possible) on my certification. I'm looking at an online course that includes a 20 Hr teaching "practicum" in which i would tutor someone trying to learn English or co-teach a foreign class and then fill out some paper work in order to get my certification. So, where in the Russian speaking world would this certification be adequate? My preference to teach would be Ukraine or Russian, but information about Central Asia would be appreciated as well.
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CELTA will make you more employable. If 'I'm' going through CVs sent in response to my job advert, and I have to do research to find out what kind of practicum you've completed, I'm quite likely to just bin your application in favor of candidates who have recognized quals.

Tutoring an individual student or acting as a teaching assistant doesn't really cut it in terms of proving that you can apply best practices to your work in any case.
Langle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: