Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

good recruiter, bad recruiter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MESL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: good recruiter, bad recruiter Reply with quote

Good recruiter: Jerry with Erya agency.

Erya found 2 positions for me, my current position and a pending position. Jerry is fluent, competent, and friendly. He got back to me quickly by email, phone, and QQ video, then sent me a school contract. He then set up an interview quickly with a school that fit my preferences. The FAO and language department chair interviewed me back to back and they offered me the position the next working day. It all took about a week.

Couldn't ask for a better scenario.

Zoe provides plenty of contact information but no agency name. She uses an email address with the www.TheWorldHR.com website.

She always has one more question, one more request, one more requirement. Getting details about a position is like pulling teeth.

OK, you told me about a school in city X, what type of school is it. OK, it's a college. A liberal arts college, a teachers college, or a voc/tech college. What are the students' major. Because we all know you can't teach English teach voc/tech majors because they have zero motivation to learn a second language. OK, now that you've told me more about the school, how about a look at the contract.

She says, "A school in city X is interested in you," then you don't hear from her again about the school, then she contacts you a couple of weeks later and puts you through the whole routine again.

After 120 email messages back and forth, I finally told her to stop wasting me time, but she contacted me again with another curve ball: "This school accepts your no criminal background declaration only from high end talent foreigners." Whatever they meant by high end talent.

What a contrast between these 2 recruiters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: