Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GoAnimate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject: GoAnimate Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the online teaching forum, but I'll leave it here for now.

Has anyone used GoAnimate for ESL materials? I know it's mainly intended for businesses, but more and more of my classes are online or blended, and I'd like to be able to make some short animations to support classes that compare verb tenses. I'm wondering if anyone else has done something similar, before I invest time and money trying to figure it out.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's GoAnimate for Schools as well as PowToon for Education. I've never used either program but both offer a free try-out period. Per an Internet search using goanimate esl, there are quite a few blogs, articles, and videos with info, ideas, and lessons. Also search for web 2.0 animation tools.

What is it you hope to create? PowerPoint offers animation features that might suit your needs.
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nomad,

Mostly I am just looking for something other than PowerPoint Smile

As far as I can tell, with GoAnimate for Schools as well as PowToon for Education I would have to use them within their systems. I want to be able to upload them to Moodle or D2L. (But it's quite possible that I'm misunderstanding how they work).

I don't want to waste my free trials, so I am trying to decide what I can do with them before I start.

The kind of thing I am thinking of is, for example, a short animation showing an interrupting action. ( I was ___ing when ___ed. )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: