Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

job hunt after TET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xaile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: job hunt after TET Reply with quote

Hi all,

My current contract will finish next January and I'm planning to relocate from Thailand to HCMC. I understand it is TET holiday in early February (5 February in 2019). Is it a relatively good time to find teaching jobs after the holidays?
Thanks in advance Smile
Piscador

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, yes. The busiest months for me in the past have been post-Tet to end of August. The best time to look for new work is March-May.

Caveat: I haven't worked in one of the big cities for quite a few years. My understanding is that a lot of work now is within the public school system. I'm not sure how that goes during the summer holidays.
kingplaya4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before Christmas is a good time to get on with an institute because a lot of teachers head home then. I'd get here at the beginning of December if you can. Of course if you're not particularly kid friendly they may can you after the holidays but that's a risk at any time of the year really.
nomadic_meow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently looking and there are still oodles of elementary/ "3 to adult [read mostly 3 to 15]" center jobs.

Between this site and a handful of busy FB groups, plus a couple other search sites, I'm not seeing so much now for secondary and up publics at least in the North.

If I'm obviously not looking in the right place, I would appreciate someone pointing me to more sites. Would very much like to get on the horse before the school year runs out. (One caveat: Secondary must put an assistant in the classroom. Not keen to repeat that without one. Second caveat: I don't know STEM curricula.)
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomadic_meow wrote:
I am currently looking and there are still oodles of elementary/ "3 to adult [read mostly 3 to 15]" center jobs.

Between this site and a handful of busy FB groups, plus a couple other search sites, I'm not seeing so much now for secondary and up publics at least in the North.

If I'm obviously not looking in the right place, I would appreciate someone pointing me to more sites. Would very much like to get on the horse before the school year runs out. (One caveat: Secondary must put an assistant in the classroom. Not keen to repeat that without one. Second caveat: I don't know STEM curricula.)

The school year is getting close to the finish, probably why you're not seeing many jobs for public school teachers right now. But they will pick up as the summer hiring frenzy kicks off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: