Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No more 1 year B visas....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hermosillo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: No more 1 year B visas.... Reply with quote

Reports are that no one is getting one year B working visas anymore. So that could mean big hassles at Immigration every 90 days. And good luck if you don't have your WP in order for the renewal. Some were saying that after a year of 90s, they will give you a year. The race to zero continues...
voyagerksa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Thais are interested in clearing out the teaching dregs. They were abundant at the school I taught at for a year. The foreign teachers, administration, were an abomination, absolute dregs. Quite different from the teachers in other countries that I taught in. Thailand was a big tropical party to behave badly in, nothing more for most of them. It will be good to see most of them fleeing to other countries where hopefully jail awaits some.
suphanburi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd....

Business types have received 1 year multi-entry non-B's but each stay was only for a maximum of 90 days. Then they would have to exit and re-enter OR get a work permit and extension of stay based on the work permit. This continues to be the case.

I have never seen a 1-year non-B visa for a teacher.

In the last 10 years or so in my experience teachers would get a 90-day single entry visa (or change of status from TR to 90-day Non-B) then go through the hoops for the teacher's waiver and work permit then get their one year extensions.

Renewing teachers continue to get 1-year extensions of stay based on their work permit.

Our new staff this past Oct received a 90-day non-B which was then extended to 1-year after they got their teacher's waiver and work permit.

Teachers on an extension of stay have to get a re-entry permit if they want to exit and return without impact on their extension of stay and WP.

It is getting more difficult for teachers who graduated from Khao San U to continue their employment due to authentication of documentation issues and schools less willing to pay bribes to keep them employed.

EFL Educator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To The OP

Actually Non Immigrant "O" visas for one year may also be a thing of the past....foreigners married to Thais may only get 90 days now according to sources....so if you you plan to teach in Thailand to support your Thai family Good Luck!
suphanburi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Os with cash in the bank OR an income can get a one year, renewable extension of stay.

No cash or no income and you border hop every 90 days.

IF you had a job you would have income (and a work permit) and not need to border hop. You would get the 1-year, renewable extension of stay.

Nothing new here either.

Hermosillo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't clear in my OP....I was referring to extensions in Chiang Mai, and was told by someone in line at CM, that they were made to do multiple 90s, then finally given a year. Rules change by time, office, and officer. There are still a few schools that take care of all paperwork for you, MOD EDIT Guess who took the fall, when things went fits up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: