Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The biggest issue I have with posting my resume here...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1st Sgt Welsh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd concur with a lot of the comments here. If you're not interested in China then the e-mails can just be deleted. Personally, I'd say we are very lucky to work in an industry where this sort of thing is even considered a hassle. If things for me ever go pear shaped and I need a job ASAP then I know I can get something in China without too much sweat. China might not be high on the list of places where I want to live, but, I still find the fact that there are so many jobs out there reassuring. That's something that might come in very handy one day, although I hope it won't.
CTravel32

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a side note, I have an email address set up only for job seeking, so sometimes it does not have a lot of use or receive emails for a year or two while I am in my current position.

But you know what stinks? When you have a few interviews with schools you would like to work for. You check the inbox, see that "1" or "2" or what ever next to the inbox, you get all pumped, maybe it is one of the schools I skyped with.....No, just more junk unsolicited emails from China. Ya, in many ways job seeking is much easier, I get it. But still, when that little number is not what you are looking for..... I think some might know what I mean. Kind of like when you are 17 or 18 and waiting at the mailbox for acceptance letters from UNIs....Is it here today!!!.....bill, bill, junk, bill, UGH!
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTravel32 wrote:
But you know what stinks? When you have a few interviews with schools you would like to work for. You check the inbox, see that "1" or "2" or what ever next to the inbox, you get all pumped, maybe it is one of the schools I skyped with.....No, just more junk unsolicited emails from China. Ya, in many ways job seeking is much easier, I get it. But still, when that little number is not what you are looking for.....

Seriously, dude. Delete your account on that job board.
CTravel32

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
CTravel32 wrote:
But you know what stinks? When you have a few interviews with schools you would like to work for. You check the inbox, see that "1" or "2" or what ever next to the inbox, you get all pumped, maybe it is one of the schools I skyped with.....No, just more junk unsolicited emails from China. Ya, in many ways job seeking is much easier, I get it. But still, when that little number is not what you are looking for.....

Seriously, dude. Delete your account on that job board.

On this forum? No.

Posting on the job board? Fine, since recruiters can't be bothered to stick to the specially made Chinese job board, fine.

Sadly it is not an issue just here. But even specified country job boards on other sites too.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which regions/countries are you interested in? You're likely not utilizing the best strategy for landing a job in those locations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: