Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts on the blockade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hemlock32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on the blockade Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can get good reliable information on the blockade happening on Qatar right now?

Does anyone have any informative advice to give about this situation, the past, the future, etc.?

I just read this article today on the intercept here in the states.

https://theintercept.com/2018/08/01/rex-tillerson-qatar-saudi-uae/

I'm just trying to get informed. Any good advice helps.

Thanks
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previously discussed in KSA, UAE, and Bahrain cut ties with Qatar.

No one can predict the future. Besides, you're expected to land in Qatar later this month, which will give you first-hand experience on the conflict in the region.

US embassies worldwide provide travel advisories, alerts, and other info to US citizens abroad. The US Embassy in Qatar is no exception. I suggest you register with STEP ahead of your travel. BTW, this type of info was crucial for many of us who experienced the Arab Spring. We received emails from the State Dept. that alerted us to unsafe areas and situations to avoid as well as advisories to leave the country.
Hemlock32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
Previously discussed in KSA, UAE, and Bahrain cut ties with Qatar.

No one can predict the future. Besides, you're expected to land in Qatar later this month, which will give you first-hand experience on the conflict in the region.

US embassies worldwide provide travel advisories, alerts, and other info to US citizens abroad. The US Embassy in Qatar is no exception. I suggest you register with STEP ahead of your travel. BTW, this type of info was crucial for many of us who experienced the Arab Spring. We received emails from the State Dept. that alerted us to unsafe areas and situations to avoid as well as advisories to leave the country.

Marra shukran!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: