Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Documents for WP - UK nationals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bule_boy69

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Documents for WP - UK nationals Reply with quote

Hello there..

Another request for up to date info on this topic - specifically for UK types of the English variety who are not currently in their homeland.

My understanding from reading on here and other sources is as follows. I'd appreciate it if people with recent experience could confirm / correct / clarify / offer advice.

1) A copy of degree cert and criminal record check needs
to be notarised/attested.

Any other documents? In some places I've read just those two while I've also heard some say a copy of the tesol/celta type cert is also needed.

I've also heard that some evidence of three years experience is required. This one confused me a bit, as many people start their careers in VN and thought that at least some of them were working legally.

2) The UK missions in Vietnam no longer wants anything to do with athenticating (or whatever they called it) documents for WP purposes

Makes things a little tricky for those not in the UK. i guess this requires the service of an Agent. Had a look online and the fees can be very high for this service. Can anyone share the name of the agent they used if they were happy with the service/price reasonable?

3) Lastly, on the topic of criminal records..

Theres more than a few types of these.. Which are acceptable? some can be a bit of a pain if haven't been in the uk for a while and a bit of a non person there in terms of verification of id/address. Disclosure Scotland used to be fairly painless in this respect but i think now unavailable to those who originate south of the border.

Anybody successfully used a Subject access report?

Many thanks in advance.
Action

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Consular services and criminal record check Reply with quote

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-vietnam

Criminal record check can be conducted in most countries that have provided someone with a work permit or some form of legitimate residency.
skarper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody seems to come here much any more.

But I would appreciate some up to date information on this for people from the UK.

When you apply for a WP and submit copies of your degree etc, what happens to them? Do you need new copies every time? Since the British Embassy won't do this any more it could get prohibitively expensive to do this.

Do UK passports need to be notorized/legalised? How and by whom? Does it need to be the British Embassy?

So - has anybody been thru the WP process recently and is willing to share their experiences?

Since every nation is different we would be better off keeping it UK specific.

TIA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: