Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Reverse Conversion - Going from RP to Tourist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
direshark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: The Reverse Conversion - Going from RP to Tourist Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I've never had a tourist visa, I've always taught in China on a Z Visa/Residence Permit. But due to uninteresting circumstances not really worth describing, I'm electing to take an L Visa for the time being.

Has anyone gone through the process of being in China, without a tourist visa (in my case - RP), but needing to get a tourist Visa? Any pointers on the process or what to expect? (Thankfully, it's no issue for me to get to Hong Kong, at least until this RP expires.)
teenoso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean you are willing to go to HK ? If so, you can try to get a long term tourist visa or multi-entry visa . It's best to go to a visa agent who can advise on the ones available at the time in your particular circs.
Forever bright trading on science museum road are excellent .
You might need documentation if you want something other than the standard 30 day single or double entry. (documentation like invitations from friends, itinerary ??)

If you mean you want to change the RP to L in-country then you will possibly only get an extension (10, 14, 30 days?) at the PSB , depending on the circs again, and then you'd have to leave for HK .
My advice would be to head to HK while you still have an RP, so you start fresh with a new tourist visa.
But you don't say how long you plan to be in China .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: