Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's staying the summer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stasiu of liberty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Who's staying the summer? Reply with quote

Are you staying? Teaching? Vacation? Leaving? How's your experience been?
Any advice to newbies? Side jobs?
juriusz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am staying, but I am employed full time, and I am going to teach through the whole July. Many of my friends, who don't have that luxury, choose to do summer camps - rather in other countries than in PL.

My experience: summer jobs in PL pay little, workload is heavy, chaos often prevails. Many of the private schools offer summer courses, so they may offer some working hours, usually young learners. Beware that it may be a bit of a babysitting role, depends on the school.
stasiu of liberty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking in juriusz! All the best! Very Happy
stasiu of liberty

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for all 'you'se' interested, I AM STAYING! Currently I have 9 part-time contracts that will get me through the summer as well as 2 bands I perform with as side jobs. Occasional voice-over and film narrator gigs that come along sporadically fill out my time totally with additional incidental paid writing work too... So yes, I'm very busy- and staying. Cheers Y'all! Na Zdrowie! Sto Lat! So don't be a hater, don't be jealous- jus' get "Learnin' Earnin', n' Workin'!"
Master Shake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:53 am    Post subject: Long Time No Post Reply with quote

I'm glad you're making it work for yourself, Stasiu.

I left Poland over 5 years ago and I sometimes miss the relaxed pace of life and the freedom to set my own hours. I now teach 4th grade in Colorado, USA at a charter school and 9 and 10-hour days are not uncommon. The money is better and goes a lot further when I travel, but I do ask myself sometimes if it's worth it.
depechemodefan1966

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me!

Off to a camp next week for a working holiday. Yes, I actually enjoy them. The food and board is all included. They're also paying a decent salary.

Just one month's work there will allow me to have the rest of the summer off and still live a reasonable lifestyle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: