Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

public school in abudhabi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baa_baa

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: public school in abudhabi Reply with quote

hi!

I have a question.

A private school in Abu Dhabi well outside abu dhabi has contacted me. COuld this be possible? Like direct hire??

Arent public schools inviting people to interviews? and there are verbal and a written exam? Also this is a school for boys. Im not sure about the regulations but can a female teach at a public boys school? I know about private schools.

So far they asked for my papers. They said they found me on naukhrigullf. Today they sent a confirmation that they recieved my documents and that they are screening for verification.

soo I m thinking hmm public school for boys is hiring me? they asked for my number not for skype. SO they will call me with in 2-3 days and Ill be in UAE within a week!

but is this real? I dont know what to think. Im itching on going shopping but I shouldnt am I right??? oh boy..just cant stop feeling happy.
peripatetic_soul

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: public school in Abu Dhabi Reply with quote

Generally p.s. positions are not direct hire but through the MOE or recruiters such as Teach Away. You indicated they asked for your phone # but not Skype. Have you been scheduled for an interview? What documents did you provide to them? Did they explain what they meant by "screening for verification"? If the next step is to ask you to prepay for the visa and flight with promises of reimbursement, run the other way. I don't know the website to which you responded but I see lots of red flags waving already. No (legitimate) job worth pursuing can be finalized in a week, especially without an interview process.

PS
baa_baa

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS -thats you*-thank you!

I sent themcopies of my references and certificaties. I worked in the UAE for 4 years at different schools. I am assuming thats what they are checking.

Ok Im glad you replied because I really started to think that I would get the job. But yo u are right..this doesnt sound right.

I was hoping it would be a phone interview but I guess they wont even do that.

soo OK no making payments for any sort of thing. thanks!

few months back someone tried to scam me Sad luckily I called up the people and checked they said no no no...

you know taleem. Through email without interview they gave me another email adress and asked me to start to issue my own visa. SO I found TALEEM's email and emailed them. they said SCAM RUN - nice lady I spoke to Smile

Ill keep you updated..they are taking it really sllow. like the application and until last email theres a bout more than 3 days between each time I was contacted.

ok thanks again take care
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The minute that they ask for money for anything, forget them. 99.9% chance it is a scam. Teachers do not arrange their own visas through some guy named Mohammed who accepts payment through Western Union money orders.

There are way too many red flags on this. Any organization that doesn't even bother to interview you before an offer, is not a educational institution that anyone wants to work for.

And for teaching young males in the Emirates? Think reform school... Think inner city... crowd control where you lose. More than border line dangerous.

Stay far far away.

VS
peripatetic_soul

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: public school in Abu Dhabi Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by peripatetic_soul on Sun May 12, 2019 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
baa_baa

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: public school in Abu Dhabi Reply with quote

teachaway has great job offers like MOE..unfortunately I couldnt get contacted by them. Many people I know said that they were recruited by them and spoke highly about them. thats why I said that.

as for seek teachers I was contacted twice but unfortunately in both I mixed up papers and they thought I was lying. and lost the opportunity. I have two sets of references. One dated with year only. Ms. x worked at our school from 2012-2013. I renewed those so now it reads: Ms X worked at our school from 09.01.2012-30.07.2013. I mixed both references. so some were like old some were new. I tried to explain but there was no reply.

---------------------------------------------------------------
waves at VS- hope you are wlll.

I understand about without interview part. my question is that is it normal for a public boys school to recruit me. I know the procedure of MOE. I know their forms because of seekteachers. I didnt get any of that. THey didnt say they will call but they did ask for my number so I feel hopeful. From PS I understand this is not normal. sigh sigh

thanks VS and PS Smile

Last edited by baa_baa on Mon May 13, 2019 3:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baa_baa:

I believe the UAE requires a teaching license/cert. If you don't have one:

https://government.ae/en/information-and-services/education/school-education-k-12/joining-k-12-education/qualifications-to-be-a-teacher
baa_baa

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have evrything. BA in Eng and Lit. Celta, teaching certificate, toefl, 10 years teaching experience. And 2 years jobless experience. Yea since june 2017. Im finnnneeeeee. -ross gelar style in friends. : )

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T55vZAITLI8
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... If you have a teaching license/cert, why has it been so difficult for you to get work in the region? Schools should be eager to hire you. Confused
baa_baa

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. It's not just there even here where I'm from. It's a really bad period.

I keep on messing up. Hopefully I'll get it right.

Like for instance I had a pre-interview last week. I was invited to a recording online. You just answer few questions. The questions were easy. After I finished recording I hit send without checking. Then I decided to see what I had sent. Oh my God. The recording was so bad as if it were at a factory. There was this bad sound. It's a computer I've using for years and never did that.

In each one there was sth. Just bad luck.

I found this freelance job. All I had to do was prepare materials. Goodness after preparing the materials I mixed them up. I wasnt contacted again. I don't know what to say. Usually I am like this but it was never this bad.

There was another one where a lady asked me to include stamps of the certificates as we all know the stamps are at the back but she's like how am I supposed to know which belongs to which. I labelled them but again I didn't hear from her after my explanation. So bad luck.

Today I had an interview she cancelled and didn't reschedule.

Now I'm hoping for Sept.
baa_baa

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turned out to be a scam. They asked for money. No interview. Directly sent a contract. Thanks for your help! See ya later
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... but it seemed to be just that. You really don't want to teach at a boy's school in the Gulf. Too stressful. Shocked

Get yourself organized!! And keep trying.

VS
peripatetic_soul

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Public School in Abu Dhabi Reply with quote

baa-baa:

In response to: Do you have bad experience with them? They have so many opportunities.

I did not teach at public school level in UAE (rather, tertiary), but know many who did, each of whom shared their horror stories. International schools for ex-pats' children are a stark contrast.

There's always PRC-China where there are tons of schools in need of native English-speaking teachers.

In any case, due diligence is essential for any prospective job. (NEVER SEND $!) Good luck.

PS
baa_baa

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: