Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Runner on work visit visa hypothetical
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kartoteka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Runner on work visit visa hypothetical Reply with quote

In 2017, a new hire gets a five-year work visit visa. Months later he departs, unannounced, bye-bye to job. Neglects to cancel visa.

Early 2019 he obtains a new, "clean" passport. Receives job offer. Visa will be another five-year work visit visa obtained through embassy in third country.

Will all be OK? Will new hire receive visa?
caliph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, maybe not.
Big gamble that they haven’t coordinated names and passport numbers.
If you lose, you’re in jail or house arrest in SAUDI ARABIA.

“Do you feel lucky punk, well do you?”*

*Dirty Harry
jaybet3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would contact a visa agency from your country of origin.

I am in the same situation. I have a work visa in my old passport which is still valid but am now applying for an iqama from different school with my new visa.

I'll be needing to know this same info in a few weeks and will share with a follow-up reply.
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your old passport number is probably printed in your new passport. It is for US citizens at least.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimadecaomei wrote:
Your old passport number is probably printed in your new passport. It is for US citizens at least.

Where? For many years, Americans have been washing their passports to get new jobs in Saudi or other Gulf countries.

Not sure that it still works with the enhanced security...

VS
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On page 51 of my new passport it says this is a replacement for passport number ...

It is towards the back, but the location might vary obviously.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current passport has only 28 pages and there is no mention of any previous passport numbers. The only page with any information is the one with the photo.

VS
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, mine was issued in 2017, when was yours? I went with the extra pages when I ordered my new passport, so I have more pages I guess. It is on the page next to last. It is a basic typed, "This is a replacement for passport ############."

Maybe it is not standard, but I definitely did not request it and it is there.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is older... early 2000s. Didn't ask for extra pages as I now only use it for Canada and Mexico. Could be something new. This is my 3rd or 4th passport.

VS
nimadecaomei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought US passports were only valid for 10 years, how can you have one from the early 2000's? Anyway, it is probably a new thing.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... typo... should be early 2010s... (though I likely got one in the early 2000s too. LOL)

VS
1Sapphire1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My passport is from 2017. It has 52 pages. It does not have my old passport number, (unless it is hidden). It is definitely not on Page 51.
Blistering Zanazilz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimadecaomei wrote:
On page 51 of my new passport it says this is a replacement for passport number ...

It is towards the back, but the location might vary obviously.

These are known as "passport endorsements." There's a list of them that could appear in an individual's passport depending on a variety of circumstances and they vary over time. Your endorsement is a common one found in regular passports. Other endorsements include high ranking positions in the government, aliases, and about a hundred other obscure things.
hash

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimadecaomei wrote:

This is misleading information. When you get a "new" passport, it is free of any previous passport number you may have had. (Comments here apply to US nationals mostly).

Note that the poster (nimadecaomei) keeps repeating that the notice on his current passport says ""This is a replacement for passport ############." This means that the passport he has now is not a "new" passport...it is a replacement.....a totally different animal.

Replacement pps are issued when the holder's last (but still valid) pp was lost, stolen, defaced, (burned, water damaged, etc) or for other reasons the holder wants it "replaced". (You can order a "replacement" pp for any reason, for example, the pic no longer is a good depiction of your current appearance).

Bottom line: " nimadecaomei"...for some reason (that we have not been told) replaced his old but still valid pp and so the "new" document he has makes note of this.

But that's very different from his statement that states:

"Your old passport number is probably printed in your new passport. It is for US citizens at least"
= not true.

Readers should continue to be wary of any "official" information that appears on online Forums and similar venues. Information dealing with passports, taxes and so on should be obtained from official sources, not online forums. If you don't, most often you will be given misleading, incorrect and/or incomplete information.

hash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimadecaomei wrote:
Strange, mine was issued in 2017, when was yours? I went with the extra pages when I ordered my new passport, so I have more pages I guess.

Some more passport misinformation.

1- If poster's pp was issued in 2017, then he was issued a 52 pg passport not because he" went with the extra pages" but because as of Oct 2014 all pps have been issued only with 52 pgs. He didn't have a choice.

2- Beginning January 2016, if your passport needed extra pgs for visas, they were not available because "extra pages" were (and are) no longer issued. You have to apply for a brand new pp at pp - issuing offices.

Where did I get all this information? Why, at an official source, of course. Here it is:

https://jp.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/adding-extra-pages-passport/

PS I must say that passport information (even at some supposedly "official" sites) are way out of date. And you don't have to scroll down to page 3 or anything.....the first 3 entries are simply incorrect.

I don't know what this sloppiness portends.....the US State Dept was always known for its well grounded and up to date internet presence, but not anymore. It looks like they've just given up.....pathetic. 3d world professionalism at best. (Notice I had to go to our Embassy site in Japan to get the information I wanted.....couldn't find it anywhere else.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: