Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zhongnan University of Economics and Law (ZUEL)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Railway3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Zhongnan University of Economics and Law (ZUEL) Reply with quote

Hi

Is there anyone who works (or worked) at ZUEL? I have few queries such as:
1. Is there any support for kids schooling?
2. How does the 70%-30% salary rule apply?
3. What is the working environment there.
4. Any other topics

Any information, suggestions and gidance will be highly appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mixal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to be a professor or just a random ESL Teacher?

Either way, I can't recall ever hearing of public universities providing support for kids schooling. What do you mean by 70-30 rule?
Railway3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an associate professor - finance.

As per the 70-30 rule, as I came across two brief mentions online, only 70% of the salary is paid month. Other 30% is only paid if the target (such as publications etc.) set during the contract is completed. Any clue?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
twowheel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^

This 70-30 rule doesn't sound like a very good deal. I'm skeptical of this, and personally, I wouldn't consider any job offer that floated such a "70-30 scheme" my way.

Because it isn't clearly spelled out, it sounds like the employer could abuse it and easily find excuses to not paying the remaining 30%.

Hmm...

Warm regards,
twowheel
Enduro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twowheel wrote:
^^^^

This 70-30 rule doesn't sound like a very good deal. I'm skeptical of this, and personally, I wouldn't consider any job offer that floated such a "70-30 scheme" my way.

Because it isn't clearly spelled out, it sounds like the employer could abuse it and easily find excuses to not paying the remaining 30%.

Hmm...

Warm regards,
twowheel

This is the first I have ever heard of something like this in 5+ years here. That would be a big red flag in my book. If you are really serious about this, you could ask that it be removed in the contract. If they say anything like, "Oh, it's just there for ..X... reasons, we never enforce it." Don't trust them
AbeCross

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: 70/30 Reply with quote

A 70/30 salary offer as that described here should not be accepted. It has no advantages for the instructor and many potential disadvantages.
bradley C

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject: 2. How does the 70%-30% salary rule apply? Reply with quote

It may be similar to my contract. I get a big bonus at the end of the year, roughly 30% of the total. Everyone at my university got their bonuses, even the teachers who left.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: