Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some Questions for NET teacher Hong Kong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronita

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject: some Questions for NET teacher Hong Kong Reply with quote

Hi I haven't seen these questions answered so far, can anyone give me some insights?
* how many classes a day do primary Nets have - is it six? how many free periods are there a day for planning?
* do you have the same class each day or do you see the whole primary school over the week? or do you see each class a few times a week ? does anyone know how this works?
* any tips on the written test for the interview - what are the questions?
* do you love your life as a primary NET teacher or is it grueling?

many thanks for the answers.
R
AEW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: primary NETs Reply with quote

Not a lot of EDB Primary NETs on these boards since they already have a pretty plush job.

The schedules and duties vary a lot from school to school.

Generally speaking, 3-6 classes per day. The remainder is sometimes free for plannining but planning isn't very necessary since everything is fed to you.

You usually try to see the whole school over a week. For larger schools it just isn't possible. Most have 2 NETs now to help with this problem.

No tips needed.... you will see.

Life as a primary NET is amazingly good for most. The pay is stellar. The job security is amazing. The job is relatively easy if you ignore the politics... my 2 cents.
ronita

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info AEW

are you a NET yourself? do you enjoy it?

cheers
R
AEW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:55 am    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

I have been a NET for about 6 years. I mostly do private tutoring now and run my business but I still teach when I have time.

I really like teaching here now. I started working in the international schools and hated that, but private tutoring agrees with me more.

I only worked in tutorial centers for a short time.

The enjoyment level hinges on finding a position that works for you. Some people like working in centers. Some like tutoring. Some like the schools.

Right now all our schools are closed for the next month due to the coronavirus. Centers are also closing for the next couple weeks.

Not a good time to come to Asia.
ronita

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to hear you enjoyed your time as a NET

are there any tips you can give me for first round of interviews?
also what exactly are the schools looking for? How can I stand out, and is it worth contacting the schools myself once I'm on the teacher pool list.

thanks for any suggestions.

R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: